This made me smile today :)

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andybarsblade

Reaction score
A friend of mine posted a picture onto facebook last night of a screenshot from an app that records the details of your ride outs/trackdays, it showed during his 50 odd mile trip that his average speed was around 40mph and his top speed was 90ish.

I asked him what the app was, then downloaded it and went for a little ride up to claycross yamaha today :D

I've looked for CMC on iTunes. Can't this app - care to share it's actual name or publisher?

That's correct that it is called Pirelli Diablo superbikeracing. I have used it on the track. It's accuracy depends on where you have your phone when it's running. I have found if you have your phone in your jacket pocket it's not very accurate. However if you put it somewhere where it can't move about like under your seat it's pretty accurate. I used it on a trackday where I had a transponder as well and they both recorded a very similar time. I wouldn't use any app that records speeds on the road as you could be incriminating yourself.

I appreciate the 200mph reading on the app picture above could be quite bad for an officer to read!
I have a track evening tomorrow night so I'm thinking of taping the phone to the alarm unit in the tail section :) Would be nice to see how far I lean over :)

I've used the app for a long time now, the GPS for speed and recording your route is accurate (Read an article comparing it to an expensive GPS speedo and it was always within a 3% margin, so 200 would become 194). However the lean angle if phone is in pocket is not. All that tells you is, you've leaned to X degree not the bike.

If you attach phone to bike, upright then it will give bikes lean angle.

I got suspicious after it once said lean angle of 54 degrees. The S1000RR with road legal tyres isn't capable of that. Not capable with track tyres either with OE pegs, as they are designed to scrape the tarmac just over 45 degrees.

And if Andy has had the 186mph limit removed, then a standard S1 can do 199mph

Interesting app. Limit? Thought it was just the speedo stopped then. Have seen somewhere video of speedo at 186 but revs still rising unless the later s1ks are different.

Well on Snetterton's straights I can only hit 150 before wimping out. So I'll be interested to see how close to that I come. Wish it could do wheelie angle out of Murrays too ;)

Take me hat of to you iv been 118.......that wos.....bum cheek squeeze......did ones 138.....on cbr.....on motorway....couple of years a go......Sunday morning....bit windy up there...

had this app a whiles ago and thought it was great but then thought hang on....I'm recording my 'legal' speeds along with the roads etc that I was doing them....incriminating or what!!! have you ever checked the permissions that you have to accept on most apps nowadays? permission to access your messages, calls, photos etc etc etc so having that sort of data on your phone I thought personally was too risky. for Track days yes a great tool for sure

10489960_10202425352863018_3670223375385126709_n.jpg

10527300_10202425352943020_1682799106451070228_n.jpg

I had a go - didn't manage 200mph :( - ha haaa

There was an HP4 there today - didn't catch the guy - but did follow him for a couple of laps in the last session. Till I gave up and decided I'd had enough 'fun' tonight and he pulled away a couple of secs a lap.

Latest posts

Back