Textiles or Leathers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was 39-40 on a couple of days in Portugal and not a nice experience. Tyres seemed to get a bit sloppy and riding with the visor down was unthinkable. Sweated constantly so everything was wet through from the inside and needed drying out whenever I stopped. But it was better than being here lol.

When it gets over 40 deg, the trick is to open all your textile vents, and SOAK your t-shirt dripping wet just before you head off again. The shock of putting it over your head soon goes when you get going. The evaporating water takes away a lot of heat and you be cool until the next cafe/watering hole. It does work!

Rode through Atacama desert in high 40's, lost 18 pound in two weeks. Need to go back, lol.

Helmet cam photo, Valle De Luna, Chile.

2d2bc4e09981a099b702810b745fb1e5.jpg

JimmyMac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously Jimmy where haven't you been!?
You could do a tread on "The Adventures of JimmyMac" and it would be massive and epic in equal measure! [emoji6]

Seriously Jimmy where haven't you been!?
You could do a tread on "The Adventures of JimmyMac" and it would be massive and epic in equal measure! [emoji6]

First love is adventure riding Oli, all solo as my riding mates think I'm nuts. Just trying to squeeze in as much life as I can into my time here.

Still intent on riding around the world in 3 stages, will be soon as I'm not getting younger, lighter or fitter.

Whatever you want to do in life Oli, do it. The graves no place for regrets.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Was given this by my Father-in-Law. Similar nature to me but two strokes have robbed him of his independence.

56d6cda51a54c7c159e5ae29c1c49694.jpg

Wall atlas for planning rides.

JimmyMac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well guys im still in aachen (germany) on the way back from Brno. Sat in an Ibis Budget hotel after having a very average salad served by a stunning young lady who has single handidly encouraged an early start for the ferry tomorrow.

I chose textiles, but only because my “tool” of a nephew knew best and went in leathers and waterproofs. I had the convenience but he had the protection. Having said that, i still had to stop and wait for him whilst he dressed and subsequently removed the waterproofs so i suppose i had the raw deal anyway.

Thanks for all the advice, some of which i wish id taken. Ill tell the full tale when i have a proper keyboard at my disposal.

IMG_1743.jpgThis is off the tomtom. Bit disappointed in both the average and max speeds. The speedo must be out by about 200 mph (or so it felt like) :)

Back