Test Ride

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

WinOrLose

Just back from my test ride on a 2015 model. Current ride is an 1199s with Termis and a custom map.

These are observations/comments and not criticisms of the RR.

Personally it looks a bit East German shot putter against Italian Super Model, in particular the seat pad and rear pillion cover looked like they didn't fit properly. The switchgear clusters are a bit messier. I'm not sure if I prefer the blue or red one best, it depends which angle you are looking from. Any issues with resale on the various colours?

The riding position is a lot more sit in rather than sit on compared to the Pani.

Surprisingly the engine seemed stronger and more linear (and a lot smoother).

Liked the down blipper and it felt nice and planted in the corners. Only got 41' lean but wasn't going to push it in chinos and a light weight jacket. I did think there was a bit of dive in braking (was in sport mode) I assume this can be dialed out or does race stiffen things up a bit?

Certainly sounded quieter and I think my neighbours would prefer the swap. I am going to borrow one again to get it sound tested at Castle Doom as the main reason for swapping is to get more track time.

Anything else I ought to consider would be welcome.

Regards

Where can you test ride it for a day or half a day?

My dealer let me have it for about 3hrs My Snett check (the strictest it seems) was 98 with AR can and no baffle. The valve before the can shuts down at a steady throttle . Registration doc gives it at 98 also. Suspension can be dialled in at will.
Was it good enough to change in yr eyes?

Last edited:
Back