Sunday 22nd Sept - Rockingham

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoops

Reaction score
We were booked to do Mallory but now the courts have ordered the circuit to close down NL offered us this plus a partial refund.

Ive never liked Rockers but its a track day and a day out with my mates - so hey ho - and its good warm up in readiness for Portimao!!

Anyone else thinking of doing Rockingham on 22nd?

nah your not , it has a few sweet left handers , but the transistion to the infield is a bit plop , like you say it s a day out with your mates on a track and a bit better than mallory IMHO
have fun , hope its dry for you

I can't believe im saying this but we actually had an awesome day at Rockers on Sunday. Weather was sunny, dry and near as damn it perfect all day long. There were a LOT of numptys in all the groups and there were so many red flags it was a joke. That said when we were out and running we had a lot of fun. Circuit is still total and utter boring wanky sole less shite in my opinion but we still managed to make the most of it. Met a really nice chap called Terry who owns a tattoo shop called Full On Ink who had a lovely Gold Bet rep S1K - and it turns out hes also going out to Portimao when we all are so will be good to see him again out there. Overall, not a bad way to spend a sunny Sunday and it was a half decent warm up in readiness for Portimao in a few weeks time! It was also pretty cool to see Derek Redmond instructing with No Limits and had some fun chasing him through traffic on his RSV4 and just managing to out break him going into the hairpin and hold him off for a couple of flying laps. But i will probably never do Rockingham ever again unless its completely free or it becomes the only circuit in the world you can spank a bike around!! Roll on Portugal!!!
photo1.jpgphoto.jpg

Back