Stealth black 2012

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We'll Your a braver man than me then, if it is at all legal, that would be one part of my bike that I wouldn't be messing with!

There are so many things we do with our bikes everyday that aren't legal.
From smaller number plates to de-cats and going above the speed limit.

Certain bikes are sold with switches to actually turn the headlights off.
Light still shines through as my previous pictures show.

There are so many things we do with our bikes everyday that aren't legal.
From smaller number plates to de-cats and going above the speed limit.

Certain bikes are sold with switches to actually turn the headlights off.
Light still shines through as my previous pictures show.
I think the point was:
Smaller number plates wont affect safety, or potential damage to the bike. Plus I would have bet those covers will attract more attention than a smaller plate.
Taking cat off is not illegal.
I'm sure all bikes are sold with permanently on headlight. Please tell me which new bike isn't.
There is no way as much light shines through that cover as with. Impacting on vision and others chances of seeing you therefore safety.

I finally got round to fitting my full Akrapovic shorty exhaust last week. Took me longer than expected because I didn't have the right sized small socket extensions and forgot to get a spring puller! But I borrowed a
couple extensions from a mate and made my own spring puller from a coat hanger haha
The radiator bracket was a b*tch to remove!
I've fitted it with the standard O2 sensors and not had any codes come up either.

Today was the first time of riding since being fitted.
It seems to run fine, only done 35 miles, so it might get a little better with more miles.

Couple pictures....

Whats next....

- Powder coat the rearsets and fuel cap (booked in next week)
- Get my rear seat cowl sprayed and fiitted (then remove the rear pegs)
- Get a smoked integrated rear light, HP racing cover and fit my reg plate to the battery box.

Looks amazing mate.

Question :-

Stealth Black.....whats that all about ? Is it a different shade of black or do the Police not pick it up on radar or something ? seems to be quoted quite a lot but very time I look at pics it just looks....well....black ?

it would look better with a full bellypan IMO

I did have a teckbike cover but sold it with the intention of getting a full carbon one but I just haven't got round to it yet. I kind of like the way it looks now though without one.

As as for the headlights. As said before, I only use the bike during the day so it doesn't really matter how much light shines through. Even though they're still very good. I'll have to get a picture up of night time shining up against a wall or road.
Bikes have daytime MOT's where they have no headlights atal, so if that's legal then the more than enough light my headlights put out will be fine.

I used the same tint on my previous GSXR's indicators and they passed an MOT, aswell as having the whole silver inserts of the headlights sprayed black.

Looks really nice personaly I think you need a full length belly pan just to finish it off, but that is just my personal taste

Decat isn't illegal... Always thought it was unless it's a diesel...

Looks good. Radiator was the hardest part was it?

I'm going by removing them off of a car, because it wouldn't pass an MOT, therefore being illegal.
If it's different for bikes then my bad.

Yes mate, getting to the screw that holds it too the block is really fiddly. You'll definitely need a few small socket extensions to get to all the bolts.

I'm going by removing them off of a car, because it wouldn't pass an MOT, therefore being illegal.
If it's different for bikes then my bad.

Yes mate, getting to the screw that holds it too the block is really fiddly. You'll definitely need a few small socket extensions to get to all the bolts.

Yup, they don't test emissions on bikes at MOT time.

Latest posts

Back