Standard rearsets

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephens1000rr

Reaction score
Right so I?m finding the standard pegs on the bike are wild slippery feet keep coming off them!! I?m rst tracktac boots, is there anything you can put on the pegs too make them abit more grippy! Just don?t have the funds for a set of new rearsets yet lol

IMG_0105.JPG

Ps 211 miles on her, we are getting closer to the run in service :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gilles, do replacement pegs to fit the standard rearsets. Thats the cheap option.

Fitting Alpha/HP/PP etc rearsets is the expensive one.

- Sent from a magical lightbox

Gilles, do replacement pegs to fit the standard rearsets. Thats the cheap option.

Fitting Alpha/HP/PP etc rearsets is the expensive one.

- Sent from a magical lightbox

Have any of yous got a link for the changeable footpegs?

I've had them on mine for 2 seasons, this will be the 3rd this year. JimmyMac got mines for me at the bike show at the NEC ( think they were maybe ?60 ish ) . The difference between standard and Gilles is night & day.

I had the same issue, ended up with a set of HP ..... best decision (next to buying the sThou)

I'm revealing my profound lack of workshop skills, but here goes:
The bolts on my new rear-sets are working loose and I figure I need to loctite them. My local garage who installed them didn't do it as I've been adjusting them to find the best position.
I've watched some yootoobs and it seems pretty straight-forward.
Anything I need to know before doing this? Is there a particular type of loctite I should use?
Cheers,
H

The Gilles ones I think are designed in conjunction with California Superbike school and look great. If you are happy with the stock peg/lever position then they look great. I wanted a bit more legroom and got HP rear sets which make a big difference.

Back