Sprocket & Bar Risers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Random question but,

Has anyone added a bigger tooth rear sprocket to the 2015/16 RR?

What about higher clip ons?

I'm tempted with the naked R but can't pull myself away from the double RR at the moment. However, I'm training to become a DSA instructor and think the RR isn't going to cut it.

any feedback/experience in the above would be very grateful.

Thanks,

MK

Hi,

Yes there are Helibar options from company's like Wunderlich.
Adding a tooth on the rear would be ok...but most take one out of the front to achieve more of a change. (acceleration, and in your circumstances improve slow speed work with trainees).

Thanks for that info Alex. Just found some HeliBars online

Hi Alex,

I managed to find these adjustable clip ons which I think will be perfect.
http://www.bikermart.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=Multiclip

Just a quick query about fitting them. Can you remove the cable on the left fork leg without messing with the electronic suspension settings?

Also, any particular brand of sprocket?

Thanks in advance

Front sprocket with 16 teeth, 525 chain (original one) is the easiest mod you can have. The chain is the original one, no lenght change, ratio from 2.647 goes to 2.812. 20 EUR. :)

Bar Risers - The DDC, I would be shocked if unplugging it whilst the bike was switched off would cause an issue. The risers look industrial but I appreciate the requirements you have. Obviously clearing the screen at full lock is an issue, as is available cable length...

Gears - AFAM / Renthal / Talon - all much of a muchness - I'd chuck a 16T on the front.

DDC Suspension

You can unplug the DDC when the bike is switched off without issue. Just make sure that you reconnect the plug prior to switching the bike on or a fault code will be generated by the ECU.

Re: DDC Suspension

You can unplug the DDC when the bike is switched off without issue. Just make sure that you reconnect the plug prior to switching the bike on or a fault code will be generated by the ECU.

Thank you

Hi Marc,
I installed 16 in front in combination with HP Power Kit. In order not to pick the front up, I lowered the rear. Also installed HP Race seat. Bike is quite different than before. Acceleration is better, quite better. Taking all these mods at once, I needed two sessions to feel it. The result is - I can easily overtake two guys on the straight. :)

Latest posts

Back