Speed with Guy Martin: F1 Special

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soofsayer

Forum Admin
Reaction score
C4 March 17th - 9pm

Guy Martin and his Tyco BMW Superbike take on David Coulthard and a Red Bull RB8 Formula 1 car in a series of head-to-head challenges including a drag race, a brake test, a slalom and a circuit race

Should be entertaining! I'd have thought the car would win but.....

sweet worth a watch , even if guy is a bit of a t@#t.........

Last edited:
Yep it'll be good viewing, I like Guy Martin, he's misunderstood by many

I quite like guy. I remember watching one of his speed programmes last year and he accidentally kinda pulled the babe he was doing the gig with. Funny.

Damn it! cheers soof forgot about this..... got to love channel 4 +1

a gp bike would have won the drag race but the car would have still won the rest it all ready won.

Would be good to see how a MotoGP bike would do against an F1 car.

I think that would have been a better comparison.

Interesting about using the rear brake to keep the front down, hadn't seen that before.

Pretty sure Casey stoner on the Ducati pulled 200mph down hanger straight

Well he would, it was a cold day at Silverstone, wets would grip better and no worries about tyre life for the short tests.

I used to use them for Hillclimbs, which are also done on stone cold tyres.

How was that bike worth 220k?
It looked almost stock!
And why didn't it do a sub 10second quarter mile??
All rigged to make the F1 car and DC look good in prep for up coming F1 season...

It was an interesting programme, as long as you don't take it too seriously. Guy Martin on an S1000RR racing against DC in an F1 car - what's not to like (other than the lack of umbrella girls on the grid)?

However, as it is Guy Martin's programme, we are stuck with his race bike. Given a choice (which we were not), I'd have much preferred to see either a MotoGP bike (preferably ridden by that funny looking Italian bloke), or a completely stock road-going S1000RR. The MotoGP bike would have had a slightly fairer fight, and if you're going to loose to an F1 car, I'd rather narrowly lose on an affordable road bike.

Latest posts

Back