SOS system?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauly

Reaction score
I was a little surprised that my brand new 1000RR was delivered with the SOS wotsit fitted to the clip on, most of the new or nearly new bikes I saw in showrooms didn't have it. So is it something worth having, or a way for my riding habits to potentially be recorded?

I think they come with the SOS fitted now regardless of whether you want it or not, the configurator when I last checked had them and there wasn?t an option to remove it.

It seems like an asset, but I believe that phone data can be used to track speed. I wonder if the SOS system is the same.

It does absolutely nothing except have a microphone, speaker, tilt sensor and a gsm SIM card in it.

It can?t and doesn?t record anything. If you have a crash the tilt sensor trigger the gsm SIM card to ping it?s location to whoever the company is BMW use to assist and then your button starts shouting at you asking if you?re ok.

It doesn?t have GPS or anything similar built into it, but if your phone is paired to your TFT then it can use that to activate a more precise location I believe. It certainly does when I may or may not have tested it off road on a demo GS with the BMW Navigator connected.

It was an option when i got mine in April this year.....On new 23 model its an option still?

Maybe they just built bikes on run out model and added bits for stock for dealers. Happens in car world

Could be, maybe BMW will start throwing extra parts at the last few 22 models to help dealers shift them.

Got a loan 1000rr with just 6 miles on it, no SOS wotsit fitted. All seems a bit odd.

Latest posts

Back