Sold fireblade - Looking for a s1krr sport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

borat

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Am looking for a low mileage preferably in black. Most of them are sold when I call, must mean I am looking for the right bike :)

Also, just back from Welwyn garden city: SBW motorad , looked at this bike:

http://www.bmwapprovedusedbikes.co...._,00.html?currentCh=_V0IxMDUwNzA3QlowNjk5MjA=

Tyres were completely chewed, and rear plate and indicators being held by black gaffa tape.
Defo been used solely as a track bike. The sales guy didnt seem interested in selling as he now has to add up / sum up to see whether the rear plate / indicator can be fixed on "properly" and tyres changed.

Anything else I should look out for?

Welcome to the forum.
Wouldn't go for a black one. I'm going for red and white... :bull_head:
There might be a cheap m sport one going for sale shortly but I'd avoid it like the plague.

welwyn garden city motorad has a black one currently, on a 11 plate YD11 WVZ, not sure if it was anyone on this forums bike? it seemed very knackered and tracked, tyres were completely worn on the continentals. and had rear plate/indicators stuck on with black gaffa tape. Astounded why a BMW bike dealership are selling such a bike without even tidying it up.

Just put a deposit down on a 63 plate sport.. In matt grey. Finally did find one not been tracked and with extremely low mileage.

Private is the way to go.. Unless you want a brand new bike.. Otherwise dealers are abusing the used market

Rode it home today.. Stunning bike. Its many millions miles better than my old fireblade.

Just curious about the service light being on despite not needing a service till another 5k miles

the light will come on at next recomended millage or 12 months, whatever comes first, so to answer in short it's prob due a service

Maybe the dealer didn't reset the ECU to know it's been serviced? Worth a question to the dealership that's supposed to have done the last one.

Right the service was done in 2014 April - so a year service due last month. However bike has only covered 450 miles since the last service.

I find it ridiculous that the bike needs another service. A little bit of computery trick should base the service indicator to be based on the mileage rather than time.

I have no intention in taking it to the dealers for a service until next year after it has done another 2k-3k miles. Will the service light affect the usability of the ecu?bike?

No it won't. These bikes are supposed to be serviced annually or 6000 miles. I agree with your sentiments but you might want to consider warranty implications, out of warranty implications, and resale value if you miss an annual service.

Wouldn't it be a good move, seeing as you bought the bike privately, to get it to the dealer for the service so they can also check the bike over and sort out any outstanding recalls?

About ?230 not sure if that includes VAT is what I've been quoted for a oil, oil filter and brake fluid change.

I did the entire service on my own on previous fireblades, and enjoyed working on my own bike which was great fun and assurity that the job was complete.

There are no recalls on the bike. However the DWALO light has come up on dash which points to low alarm battery.

Beginning to contemplate on why I moved away from Honda: (

The alarm battery fault is just one of those things, mine has been fine since the fix. I wouldn't let that tarnish your ownership experience.

The alarm battery fault is just one of those things, mine has been fine since the fix. I wouldn't let that tarnish your ownership experience.

What was the fix? did your dealers tell you, or you replaced the batteries yourself

Dealer sorted it out under warranty, bike was only a few weeks old. If you do it yourself let us know how it goes.

About ?230 not sure if that includes VAT is what I've been quoted for a oil, oil filter and brake fluid change.

I did the entire service on my own on previous fireblades, and enjoyed working on my own bike which was great fun and assurity that the job was complete.

There are no recalls on the bike. However the DWALO light has come up on dash which points to low alarm battery.

Beginning to contemplate on why I moved away from Honda:
(

Because of a low battery?

+1 what soofsayer said regarding servicing. Stood me in good stead outside of warranty as well

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back