Software for Sat Nav Trip Planning

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soofsayer

Forum Admin
Reaction score
Hi All,

I use a Garmin Nav5 for my sat nav on the bikes. The unit is great in itself but I really do not like basecamp for creating trips. I find it really annoying to use because it constantly makes assumptions and wants to create itineraries, anyway, I'll stop going on about how rubbish basecamp is before I have a coronary.

I used to use MS Autoroute because it was really easy to use. Set start and finish and add in waypoints, export to gpx, upload to the garmin, job done.

Something changed with garmin because the files exported from autoroute as gpx stopped being compatible with the unit.

Anyone know of any nice software that is simple to use (as above) for creating gpx files?

Cheers :).

Have you tried motogoloco.com? I've used it to plan some trips and it allows for export to garmin, never tried it tho so I can't comment on how good it is...

Have you tried motogoloco.com? I've used it to plan some trips and it allows for export to garmin, never tried it tho so I can't comment on how good it is...

That looks spot on Stephen, having a play with it now :).

soof i use this; http://www.tyretotravel.com

planned a 1000 mile trip round the Pyrenees on it without practice or a single fault on the trip. loads of cool functionality to add tones for specific way points etc. can't recommend it enough.

http://www.tyretotravel.com

Will be part of a group... will keep this as a backup---- 1st impressions look good. Can it be connecting to iphone map apps?

Couldn't say mate. the version i use is their subscriptions service (downloaded version) but i do know they've updated their product offer and its now an online version i think, not sure what this updated version offers extra in way of functionality. there are many file formats to save too so its entirely possible!

download and have a play! you won't be disappointed

Latest posts

Back