Snetterton 6.8.17

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrucieB

Reaction score
Ran out of talent today at Snett and ruined my new fairings and a few other small bits n pieces, no major damage but got to cancel Cadwell now 😢
On the plus side I beat my pb on the previous lap ☺
838b2423e947628fece5e22c7a68ef74.jpg
2d5b14249cc0b7c50827c4be4600b052.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sorry to see this Brucie, hopefully there's no damage to you.
When I slid last time all I was thinking was can I get back on again.

Last edited:
Tough break. There were quite a lot from the forum there. Didn't know you were or would have sought you out.

Hope the damage is easily fixed.

- Sent from Mobile

Not an easy corner to get right. Took to the grass 2 laps in a row there, 3rd time I pulled it down and made it, the marshals clapped lol

As others have said sorry to hear of your crash Bruce!

Most of all I hope that "you" are not injured?
Secondly I hope that the repairs to your bike are not "too" costly and that your bike is ready to rock again soon!

Oli

Cheers guy's.
Just a bit battered and bruised but my ribs are killing me today.

Tough break. There were quite a lot from the forum there. Didn't know you were or would have sought you out.

Hope the damage is easily fixed.

- Sent from Mobile
Ahh didn't realise.

It was all last minute, a load from my last gixer group were there so a few of us road up. I got someone to take my wheels n stands up and got on track in the afternoon. Luckily my mate had room on his trailer to get me home

Snetterton

Not an easy corner to get right. Took to the grass 2 laps in a row there, 3rd time I pulled it down and made it, the marshals clapped lol

I think most of us have some sort of history with that particular corner!

Snetterton

Cheers guy's. Just a bit battered and bruised but my ribs are killing me today.

Good to hear your ok. The crash damage looks mainly cosmetic. On a positive note at least you achieved a PB... 2:03 is a pretty respectable lap time.

Hi Bruce, sorry to read about this off. Bike looks a bit of a mess but can be fixed. I hope you recover soon and get the bike sorted asap to start enjoying yourself once more.

Regards

Next day is always the painful day. Glad you are ok (ish)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hey Bruce sorry to read you went off-roading. I hope you and your bike recover quickly. Post up a list of bits you need help sourcing/sorting when you're feeling better.

Thanks for all the support, spent the night in A&E. Turns out I've got a contusion on my lung from a displaced fracture on a rib. Had a ct scan and all ok, just need to rest up now with painkillers.

On a lighter note I had been having issues with wrist pain and general handling. Couldn't get on with the renthal bar so just fitted a used set of Harris clip ons (unfortunately busted the right one) I felt a lot more comfortable on the bike and should be able to sort out the lack of apex's I've had since being on the bm lol

Damaged items -
Right Harris Clip on
full fairings
Clock bracket (mate has one)
MHP Can needs re-sleeved
Peg
Mirror (mate has a set)
Paddock bobbin (hopefully swingarm ok)
Datalogger's not coming on 😡

Couldve been worse

Last edited:
Hope you heal up fast!

Interesting to note on the clip-ons. I struggle in tighter turns. Wonder if I need some leverage help, to mask my ability short comings ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for all the support, spent the night in A&E. Turns out I've got a contusion on my lung from a displaced fracture on a rib. Had a ct scan and all ok, just need to rest up now with painkillers.

Couldve been worse

Glad you got to A&E mate, best place sometimes. When your up to it and the bike is fixed get in touch with me and we can go for a ride.

Hope you heal up fast!

Interesting to note on the clip-ons. I struggle in tighter turns. Wonder if I need some leverage help, to mask my ability short comings ;)
Harris and SES have the bars raised slightly and sit in front of the fork tubes, compared to the renthal and oem which sit at the side of the fork. You might have to check clearance issues on standard fairings though. Sure other clip ons that sit in front of forks would also be good.
Felt much better and instantly more confident, knocked over a second off my lap time in one n a half sessions.

Latest posts

Back