Snetterton 300 - June 30th - No Limits

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a factory pro spring on order to try and sort my false neutrals going up the box, mainly 5 to 6 and going down 2 to 1 it finds neutral which I can never find when stationary. I will most likely change the shift star when I do it but I'll let you know what it feels like when it's done

Im confused now as to who it was that came and said hello to me now, LOL!! And was Baz there on Sunday AND Monday then too??? Again, totally confused!!

I never get false neutrals going UP the box - i only get them shifting down from very high speed and downshifting hard from 5th/6th - it normally goes into neural and then i eventually manage to bang it into 2nd after having freewheeled towards the grass/barrier trying to shrug off as much speed as possible!!!

Im confused now as to who it was that came and said hello to me now, LOL!! And was Baz there on Sunday AND Monday then too??? Again, totally confused!!
Must have been the BSB scout that was there ,
Baz was there on Sunday for a chat, and on track on Monday..

I never get false neutrals going UP the box - i only get them shifting down from very high speed and downshifting hard from 5th/6th - it normally goes into neural and then i eventually manage to bang it into 2nd after having freewheeled towards the grass/barrier trying to shrug off as much speed as possible!!!

Hello mate-'twas I.
Sorry I nipped off-I needed a pee!
Only having a ride out on Sunday but I did Monday.

Regarding false neutrals,rearsets,gearlever position etc. can make a big difference.
Did you have the problem before the HM was fitted?

I can't understand why you have a problem from 6th/5th.I usually go bang,bang bang 6th to 3rd.It doesn't get a chance to not go in!

Factory Pro spring may help but it will take the skin off your toe(well,it did me).It also puts more stress on the selector star.(And,in my case,it didn't cure the problem-but different rearsets and boots did!).

Ah hah!! So it twas thee!! Thank god - i honestly thought i was going mad!! Shame we didnt get a chance to have a proper chat fella - wanted to quiz you about a few things - ive also heard how well you go around the track so it would have been good to try and follow you and check out your lines etc - maybe on the next track day? Either way, good to meet you, albeit briefly, fella!

Also - the false neutrals happened BEFORE fitting the HMR QS - ive also tried slightly moving the lever on the rear sets and to be fair that did help a little (i thought) because ive got quite small feet (size 7) but certainly hasnt stopped it happening - it seems better when i really forcefully push down hard and i mean HARD on the lever when banging down the gears BUT is this right to have bang down so hard?? Ive never had to do this before on other bikes ive owned.

I have to say I don't really think about how much pressure I put on the lever-I guess pretty hard as it happens so quick.If you fitted a Factory Pro spring it would require more effort.Perhaps you are being too kind to it.As Keith said,it's definitely not a gsxr box.
The 'box definitely prefers a firm action.I think they'd call it over-engineered!

Yeah,we can have a proper chat next time you are up this way.By the way,I notice they fitted the quickshifter in the same place as OE-fine as long as you stay on or your chain snaps(done both,needed a new shifter each time).It's a pity they didn't fit it in front of the frame.

How did you get on with those Superbike Pros' at Snet,did the rear right get chewed up at all?

Damn fella - you should have come and found me - you wouldve more than welcome to share my "executive" garage!! So pleased i had the contact at Snetterton that i have so i had the garages reserved for us - by the time we got to the circuit it was rammed - shame we didnt get to have a chat - which group were you in?? There was a blue S1000RR in the fast group but i hope that wasnt you as he was pretty slow!! Anyway, hope you had a good day either way!

Baz,
What is considered to be a decent TD time around this circuit ? 2:10-15?
thx

I have to say I don't really think about how much pressure I put on the lever-I guess pretty hard as it happens so quick.If you fitted a Factory Pro spring it would require more effort.Perhaps you are being too kind to it.As Keith said,it's definitely not a gsxr box.
The 'box definitely prefers a firm action.I think they'd call it over-engineered!
Yeah,we can have a proper chat next time you are up this way.By the way,I notice they fitted the quickshifter in the same place as OE-fine as long as you stay on or your chain snaps(done both,needed a new shifter each time).It's a pity they didn't fit it in front of the frame.
How did you get on with those Superbike Pros' at Snet,did the rear right get chewed up at all?

I guess they fit the QS where the OE one goes as they then dont have to work it around any other panels or bits of the frame - have to say it hadnt really occurred to me - so lets hope i keep the thing upright!!
As for the lever - i will just have to be overly conscious of pushing my foot down hard and positively each time and hope this gets on top of the problem - bloody Germans!!

Baz,
thx

I'd be interested to know this too - some of the friends that came to watch us timed a few of my laps and they had me down as doing around 2 mins 7 secs which i didnt think sounded very good to me - but if fatbob thinks 2.10 is good then maybe i wasnt going that bad? That said i dont feel i ever got many "clean" unhindered laps in as there were a few numptys out sitting up mid corner and breaking ridiculously early for certain corners.

Last edited:
Baz,
thx

2.10-15 is in the ball park.2.07-08 will see little overtaking you.2.02-04 seems about racer test pace(and would put you well up the grid in Rookie 1000)

On a Focused Chrono day last year the split for the fast group was 2.25 with the quickest at 2.05

Wow, thanks for the info baz - makes me feel a little better then - i just couldnt seem to really "dial in" on Sunday, i was going ok in certain sections but never seemed to get a full complete lap without something effecting it - then in the sessions after lunch when i started to up the pace a little they kept red flagging it due to nuts and bolts falling off peoples bikes and some numpty dropping fluids all down the pit lane!!

Out of interest bad - do you know what the same times (as above) would be for Brands GP ??

No,unfortunately.
The only reason I know Snet is because it's my local circuit.

Incidentally,2.07 at Snet would put you around mid grid Rookie 1000

Having trawled through hours of GOPRO footage i was convinced i'd find a 2:07... i did, but i was at the bomb hole...........:apthy:

Latest posts

Back