Slightly distorted bead rim

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickS1K

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
...says my Gen 4s first MOT. Slightly is doing the heavy lifting there, it's very subtle but it's definitely there. I won't bother posting a picture cos you can't see it.

How quickly should I be running off to Motoliner in Maidstone with this, do folk get it repaired immediately, or if you monitor it, what are you looking for?

Cheers

I would get it measured to see how much it runs out first, then go from there.
If it's less than 2mm, I wouldn't worry about it.

Last edited:
Hey, it sounds like you’re dealing with a subtle misalignment on your Gen 4, and you're right to keep an eye on it. The fact that you can feel it even though it’s not super visible means it’s worth addressing.

How Urgent Is It?​

While it's not something to panic about, it's definitely smart to get it checked sooner rather than later. A small misalignment can lead to uneven wear on your tires, suspension, or steering components over time, and it could also affect your ride’s handling.

What to Monitor If You Wait:​

If you decide to monitor it for a bit before heading to Motoliner, keep an eye out for:
  1. Tire Wear: Check if your tires are wearing unevenly, especially on one side.
  2. Handling: Notice any pulling to one side or if the bike feels off-balance, especially during turns or when braking.
  3. Vibration: Subtle vibration at higher speeds could also be a sign that the misalignment is affecting your ride.

When to Go to Motoliner:​

If you start noticing any of the above signs, or if it’s just bothering you while riding, it’s probably time to book a visit to Motoliner. They’re known for frame straightening and alignment, so they can get things sorted properly.

In the Meantime:​

• Keep your tire pressure correct.
  • Ride a bit more cautiously, especially around corners or at higher speeds, just in case the alignment worsens.
It’s better to get ahead of it than let it develop into something more serious. Hope that helps, and let us know how it goes if you decide to get it checked out!
...says my Gen 4s first MOT. Slightly is doing the heavy lifting there, it's very subtle but it's definitely there. I won't bother posting a picture cos you can't see it.

How quickly should I be running off to Motoliner in Maidstone with this, do folk get it repaired immediately, or if you monitor it, what are you looking for?

Cheers

Latest posts

Back