Side stand on my 2011

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andybarsblade

Reaction score
Found my side stand loose with a bolt missing and the remaining bolt had no loctite, replaced the missing bolt and re secured the stand with loctite 243. Mine is a late model 2011.

BMW S1000RR Side Stand Recall

Recall Summary

BMW S1000RR side stand may collapse.

Recall Issue

BMW is recalling some S1000RR bikes because the side stand may collapse.

BMW is recalling the affected S1000RR bikes and replacing the side stand threaded fasteners with ones that are longer and have pre-coating applied to all of the thread.

BMW S1000RR Bikes Affected By This Recall

There are 752 BMW S1000RR bikes affected by this recall. They have VINs in the range - Z034804 to Z035864.

What Should BMW S1000RR Owners Do?

If you have, or believe you may have, one of the affected BMW S1000RR bikes then please contact your local dealer.

Recall Launched

February 2013.

Stupid thing is my bike was at Pidcocks BMW and they carried out the recall on the fuel tank. I asked them today why they didnt do the side stand? They said my bike was not one of the effected bikes....... errrrr sorry to tell you BMW it is.

thought they would have checked the side stand just as a matter of care seems they've had issues....

what is the Tank recall? not heard of one and not showing on the UK recalls website

fuel pump housing or something can get micro fractures in the casing, causing a fuel leak. its not an actually recall in the UK. but BMW are doing it slowly. you should recieve a letter from ur dealer about it when they get your to you on the list. there was a thread about this is somewhere on here

Latest posts

Back