Shift Lights

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally set mine to 13K rpm, but it is entirely personal choice.

It is not possible to set up specifically per gear though

Oli

Set at 5k, lets not get too carried away

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I stand corrected oli I?ve never gone into the shift light settings and really can?t believe it?s set across the gears at one setting , that?s crazy as I explained first to fifth are poles apart and require different shift alerts . Myself I don?t use it but if I did I would NEED it to work throughout the gearing or really it?s obsolete except for one gear.

Jay

No worries Jay, perhaps it is possible to adjust independently per gear with a race enabled ECU using the RCK ... ?

Oli

Set at 5k, lets not get too carried away

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
I personally set mine to 13K rpm, but it is entirely personal choice.

It is not possible to set up specifically per gear though

Oli
The shift light is so u can change gear throughout the range optimising the torque curve so by setting at 12500 is all good and well but for what gear ??? First gear wants to be around 9-10 and 5 wants to be around 13000. This has to be set up on a dyno to fully optimise.
Example. If u stay in first gear till 12500 but second gear is ready at 10000 u have lost gain by staying too long in first .
And as each bike slightly tuned different u not going to know where the power is dropping off in that gear correctly without the dyno.
In English let?s say with shift light set to the torque curve reaches zero to 185 mph in twelve seconds
Now same test but u shifting at wrong time , zero to 185 has increased and this coz u staying in gear too long or too short.
Forget what others using and set urself by testing on the hop or don?t use it coz it?s not going to give u correct information

Jay
I stand corrected oli I?ve never gone into the shift light settings and really can?t believe it?s set across the gears at one setting , that?s crazy as I explained first to fifth are poles apart and require different shift alerts . Myself I don?t use it but if I did I would NEED it to work throughout the gearing or really it?s obsolete except for one gear.

Jay
No worries Jay, perhaps it is possible to adjust independently per gear with a race enabled ECU using the RCK ... ?

Oli
.........let's be honest, unless you're Jay, when you're tucked in doing bigger numbers and the light blinks, you notch one more, well I know I do.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

.........let's be honest, unless you're Jay, when you're tucked in doing bigger numbers and the light blinks, you notch one more, well I know I do.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Very true ... or you do what I do and smack into the limiter in 1st and end up in the screen lol ...

Shift Light

I don't use mine as a shift light but more as a visual cue that I'm approaching the rev limiter. On track I just use the gear indicator as I know exactly what gear I need to be in for each corner. The shift light is a nice thing to have but definitely not essential.

Latest posts

Back