Shift-Assist Part on 2015 bike

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DNCN

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Had one of those evenings where a simple job turns into a disaster.

Was removing the LHS rearset to fit the newly arrived HP items and I stripped the bolt holding the QS to the selector. And then to make matters worse the EZ-Out/extractor broke off in there as well.

But looking at the microfiche, the part i need, i.e. just the bolt at the bottom isn't available as a single part. Diagram and picture below.... any bright ideas? It strikes me its a fairly standard joint?

No fussed about the saving the OEM selector as the HP Items will be going on.

thanks,

Attachments

• 08-05-2016 21-15-12.jpg
    08-05-2016 21-15-12.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 67
Thanks for the replies. But I actually need to reuse the ball joint that I can't get off the old shifter. I need that to be transferred to the new rearset. Last hope would be to Dremel the bolt face off but would rather just have a new one in the post.

Finally sorted. Let the WD40 work overnight and a set of molegrips got traction. Thats the second bolt that has done that, might swap a few out for aftermarket sets now.

DCNN. What was the thread size and bolt length? Want to change mine for a standard stainless hex bolt. It's hidden under the rubber cover anyway!

Back