Selling my Bonneville and Street Triple R - thinking about an S1000RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan425

Reaction score
Hi there,

Herts-based biker here, I've lusted after the S1000RR since it was released and am considering chopping in my Bonnie and S3R for an S1000RR.

I know all three bikes in the above sentence are utterly different, but variety is the spice of life, right?

I've had my Bonnie since I got my license five years ago, and I've had the Street Triple R about 18 months, but I just haven't gelled with it.

Apologies in advance for any newb questions!

Dan

Welcome Dan, might be worth test riding an Sthou, its very different to the two bike you currently own

I've got a love affair with the street triple R. Had 3 now and 2 S1000RR's.
Strangely, I do see a lot of similarities between the 2 bikes.

Buy one, you won't regret it. I had a naked S1000R last week for a day. Felt a lot like the street but with a shed load more power. It's the bike I wanted the speed triple to be but wasn't.

I'm going to test one in the next few days, whilst I've fallen in love with the bike, I need to know that it's right for me.

In sportsbike terms, how comfortable is the S1000RR? I've ridden a Ducati 848, 899 Panigale and a Triumph Daytona 675R so have those as reference points.

I'm after something I can take on the track, take on weekend blasts as well as do the odd trip to work every now and then. I want a sportsbike that can do all of the above well, rather than just something that's purely a track missile.

You'll be wanting an S1000 then as it does all of what you want comfortably, easily and at massive, hilarious speed

Hi Dan, as others say the S1000rr is a very comfortable bike and is incredible in all tarmac based uses. I took one on a European tour a few years back and it never gave me any pains at all.

Good luck with your search.

JimmyMac

Back