Self-leveling concrete OR plywood flooring ??

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMORTAL_Indian

Reaction score
So, I am planning a "little winter project" to de-clutter the garage (Brownie points with the missus) and to level the floor so that the bike moves with a little more grace when hooked up to the Renntec Rear Moovamoto Paddock Stand...

I currently have a slightly rough concrete floor..... how easy is it to put down the self-leveling concrete as opposed to laying a couple of sheets of 9mm exterior / marine plywood ?

Is it worth the extra investment... I have a large garage 5m x 4m - but only really looking at doing the central sections....?

Suggestion / options welcome.... giving a man a hand even better.... can organise tea/coffee/beers and even a curry :)

Thanks.

It's simple buddy, build a frame for the area you want and mix accordingly, making sure the area you are covering has absolutely no dust or crap and then pour in ... and make sure no frost hits it, when done .... paint it and it will last years [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, I am planning a "little winter project" to de-clutter the garage (Brownie points with the missus) and to level the floor so that the bike moves with a little more grace when hooked up to the Renntec Rear Moovamoto Paddock Stand...

I currently have a slightly rough concrete floor..... how easy is it to put down the self-leveling concrete as opposed to laying a couple of sheets of 9mm exterior / marine plywood ?

Is it worth the extra investment... I have a large garage 5m x 4m - but only really looking at doing the central sections....?

Suggestion / options welcome.... giving a man a hand even better.... can organise tea/coffee/beers and even a curry :)

Thanks.

Hi, I would use self levelling and do all the garage, it's easy to do and keep it thin. To get a smooth finish

My old workshop used to be ply wood floor and it was a complete waste of time.
Go concrete mate, much better

Or buy interlocking workshop plastic floor tiles, but they are expensive I guess compared to self levelling concrete?. The upside is you can take them with you if you ever move :).

As a floor layer i'd say screed all the way providing its not too sandy and dusty. Do the full lot aswell and make sure you primer the floor as it will stop it soaking in and get a latex based compound.

20sqm so 4-5 bags should do it. About ?100. Just pour and spread using a float

Unfortunatly im blocked in at the minute otherwise id be there like a shot

Yea just skimmed my neighbours house, Scrapped the room where their young daughter was asleep

IM, this isn't something I've ever done before but if you do decide to do it, I'll happily lend a hand if I'm around. Interested and better to learn on someone else's garage... ;-)

Latest posts

Back