Seat cowel

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alien6872

Reaction score
So took delivery of my seat cowel today, only to find there were no hooks attached to it! I am right in saying it should have come with two hooks, the same as you get on the pillion seat? Has anybody else had this problem and if so was it quickly resolved by your dealer?

Probably being a bit thick here but how do you get the two threads out of the pillion seat? I've taken the bracket off but can't see how the threads come off??

While were on topic here ,has any one got a spare bracket they could let me have.

Billy

Considering the price of the cowel it's a bit stingy that they don't provide you with an additional bracket. I will be needing to swap between pillion seat and cowel so will prob end up forking out for a second bracket!

ive had to fit my pillion seat as my seat cowl got lost when I had an off , so no bracket , looks like its gonna be a a fabbed up one during the next couple of days.

Called the dealer this morning. BMW do a bracket and screws "kit" for about £16, so gone and ordered that. Still think they should be including that in the price of the seat cowl though!

I would of argued it, mine came with them.

£16...BMW's usual 50% mark up...

Cost me £16 for exhaust gaskets... usually £1.50/2 a piece for most bikes, but couldn't find any aftermarket ones.

Back