S1k loses to KTM 1290 Superduke on track?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so excited about that bike I can't tell you! I've had a couple and the R version and loved them, warts and all. Not much would get by on say Anglesey, but you'd get mullered over the mountain (TT).

The new one looks properly quick, though I do think the rider of the KTM may have been a little more used to track riding.

Leisure Trail is on speed dial ready ;)

That vid doesnt add up, few times the pick up on s1k is tooooo slow ! Have to say though ive been following the progress since it broke news....

it's just a shame that any production model won't look like the prototype model they showed off last year.

S1K rider is stroking it along (look at the rev counter) and there's rumours floating about that it's Jezza McWilliams on the KTM? He could probably ride past most guys on an S1k if he was riding a C90...

S1K rider is stroking it along (look at the rev counter) and there's rumours floating about that it's Jezza McWilliams on the KTM? He could probably ride past most guys on an S1k if he was riding a C90...

exactly... any decent track rider could do the same to me (track novice) on my s1 even if they were riding a 125! i can go fracking fast in a straight line though! :D

thr RR riser is just playing, can see him holding back when he's followinghte KTM on the straights ...and holds a tighter line in corners too ....and lots of low revs in corners

obviously not trying to get past .... just tagging along behind

And Jez says he's been taking it easy because its the only prototype. Tracks very twisty so the BM won't have the punch of a V out of the corners having ridden a 990 duke I know they ping out of the bends.

And Jez says he's been taking it easy because its the only prototype. Tracks very twisty so the BM won't have the punch of a V out of the corners having ridden a 990 duke I know they ping out of the bends.
I've got a 990 Duke and it sure has low down grunt - Wore Rosso 2 back tyre down to the wire in 1,400 miles - so the 1290 is going to be MAD!

A 990 super duke will piss all over any thing in the corners and under braking I've owned a high spec 990 super prior to ownership of the BMW ,I love the super duke and the new 1290 is the only other bike I would want,I tell anyone go ride a super duke only bike that can get you off a sports bike and put a smile on your face ;)

A 990 super duke will piss all over any thing in the corners and under braking I've owned a high spec 990 super prior to ownership of the BMW ,I love the super duke and the new 1290 is the only other bike I would want,I tell anyone go ride a super duke only bike that can get you off a sports bike and put a smile on your face ;)
100% agree I've got both , the KTM never fails to amuse and sounds great with Akrapovic (baffles out) the BM is fun above 7,000 rpm LOVE them both !!

Might feel like it, but it really won't... Not at proper track speed.

I have a good mate competing in Thundersport Streetfighter class and riding his arse off on a Duke 990 (the most developed one in the UK, without a doubt) and he's finally accepted defeat and sold it, after getting a shot of a competitors spare Triumph 675 with flat bars. The sportsbikes are just better laid out for cornering - there's not enough weight on the front of the Superduke, no matter how hard you modify it. He was straight away pulling a second on his KTM times without trying, and that's with a capacity defect, on a bike he doesn't know and was under strict orders not to crash...

With similar riders, a 990 duke can't see which way a GSXR750 went in a race, so a S1000RR would just fuck off.

Putting a smile on your face, I completely believe. I never got a shot of Gordy's, but wish I had, now he's sold it.

Might feel like it, but it really won't... Not at proper track speed.

I have a good mate competing in Thundersport Streetfighter class and riding his arse off on a Duke 990 (the most developed one in the UK, without a doubt) and he's finally accepted defeat and sold it, after getting a shot of a competitors spare Triumph 675 with flat bars. The sportsbikes are just better laid out for cornering - there's not enough weight on the front of the Superduke, no matter how hard you modify it. He was straight away pulling a second on his KTM times without trying, and that's with a capacity defect, on a bike he doesn't know and was under strict orders not to crash...

With similar riders, a 990 duke can't see which way a GSXR750 went in a race, so a S1000RR would just fuck off.

Putting a smile on your face, I completely believe. I never got a shot of Gordy's, but wish I had, now he's sold it.

Assuming you mean Mr Viking , I hope you bought a T shirt off him....

Alas you are correct , as much as the fond memories I have of my SD , as soon as you exit the corners the bike you spent time getting past goes back past you
Was indeed a fun bike , however the V4 tuono is a fucking rocket comparedto it , and I will let you know how much better the new un is when i get one :):):):)

Assuming you mean Mr Viking , I hope you bought a T shirt off him....

Alas, I did. Actually really comfy under leathers! Known him for years - shared a room with him at his first ever trackday in a car many, many moons ago - hilarious weekend, that was :)

Back