S1000RR v RSV4 v V4R v SMC690R

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I understand it correctly, you've got an HP4 for the track, so it's highly unlikely you'd need another bike for those duties.

Your son has a 125 so anything you have will blast past him and leave him struggling - I can imagine the overtakes he'll have to make to keep up with you as you 'pootle along'.

Why not get a KTM 390 for riding with him? He can then graduate to that when he's done his time in purgatory, and you can 'upgrade' using his 125 as collateral when the time comes.

Agree howeve also want a quick bike to occasionally travel to work and ride out with mates.

Personally, apart from aesthetic appeal, I can?t see any reason why one would purchase a V4R over a Gen 4 RR for primarily road use.
When considering the cost of entry, I don?t even see how a V4R makes sense as a track bike compared to a Gen 4 RR.

Enjoy test riding your shortlisted bikes, shall look forward to hearing what you decide on in due course [emoji846]

Last edited:
Personally, apart from aesthetic appeal, I can?t see any reason why one would purchase a V4R over a Gen 4 RR for primarily road use.
When considering the cost of entry, I don?t even see how a V4R makes sense as a track bike compared to a Gen 4 RR.

Enjoy test riding your shortlisted bikes, shall look forward to hearing what you decide on in due course [emoji846]

Thanks.

Nearly pulled the trigger on an S1000RR motorsport this afternoon, howeve my 17 year old lad rang me to say that a woman had pulled out in front of him on a roundabout and while braking and swerving, he hit a curb and went flying through the air.

unfortunately his new RC125 is looking a little battered.

Will probably have to make an insurance claim in the morning ??

Last edited:
Thanks.

Nearly pulled the trigger on an S1000RR motorsport this afternoon, howeve my 17 year old lad rang me to say that a woman had pulled out in front of him on a roundabout and while braking and swerving, he hit a curb and went flying through the air.

unfortunately his new RC125 is looking a little battered.

Will probably have to make an insurance claim in the morning ??

Hope you Wee Fellow is OK

Good luck to your boy. Hope he makes a quick and full recovery and hasn?t been put off by the nupties in their tin boxes.
Also hope the claim goes smoothly and he?s back on the road soon.

Sorry to hear about your boy, I had a head on crash into a car when I was 16, I learned from the experience and so will your son. I have a 2020 Superduke R, it's a fantastic bit of kit, if I was in your shoes I would get one. Failing that the 890R is attracting a lot of positive press and sounds a lot better than the admittedly very good 790.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your boy, I had a head on crash into a car when I was 16, I learned from the experience and so will your son. I have a 2020 Superduke R, it's a fantastic bit of kit, if I was in your shoes I would get one. Failing that the 890R is attracting a lot of positive press and sounds a lot better than the admittedly very good 790.

Thanks

Not sure whether I?ve made the right decision howeve bought a new S1000RR M sport.

Will hopefully be collecting next week, thanks for all your comments and advice.

Thanks guys.
Must now restrain myself from buying loads of carbon fibre & Akrapovic Full System ..... lol

Back