S1000rr Loom 2011

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dandozo

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for your opinion on this,

Got my 2011rr 4 weeks ago

Had it a few days when I got a vds code and returned it to the dealer in glasgow.
they in turn took it to Bmw who basically put it in a corner as this is their busy time of year.

Waited 2 weeks and nothing :concern::concern:
I phoned bmw for them to tell me that they couldn't give an estimate of when they could look at it or any clue as to what the problem was !!

Basically threw my toys out the pram and told my dealer I was rejecting the bike on the grounds that it was unfit for purpose etc etc, and to be fair this spurred them into action and apologised for the delay (really busy blah blah blah)

They picked it back up and took it to bmw elsewhere who quickly diagnosed a faulty loom, however they now say it's a special order from Germany and it's been a 10 days and no delivery.

Basically my question is do you think this is an acceptable timescale ? I think they are trying to buy time with the bike and tbh I,m ready to phone the finance and formally reject the bike.

weathers been not too bad lately and it's starting to pi$$ me off now.

thanks
brendan

Hi Brendan,

I can understand you must be frustrated and Im sure your within your rights to reject the bike, but it sounds like the shop you bought it from are doing what they can for you? Im sure they want you on the bike as much as you do.

Im not surprised its taking so long for the new loom as its not the kind of part any dealer would keep in stock? I cant think of a reason they would want to buy time?

Obvoiusly the choice is yours, do you think you could get a like for like bike before this one is fixed?

Thanks Stephen,
yeah basically it was a case of no one returning calls etc that annoyed me, but after a chat with the owner I was happier.
it was purely the fact that they say it's a special order and I was unsure whether there would be stock in the uk.
i suppose the fact it's an older model and the newer ones wouldn't fit

just wanted a different perspective to see if I,m being a bit impatient.

tbh I probably paid a bit much for the bike but was happy to pay a premium as the dealer has a great customer service record

No mate they won't give me a loan bike�� , first time in 6 years without a bike it's doing my head in

Latest posts

Back