*** s1000rr hilltop reflash - group dyno shootout 7th may 2016 ***

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just for balance, this is the stock and w/exhaust dyno that Akrapovic publish. I've not validated it but I expect they can't get away with BS.

Make any interpretations you like but please also remember you're on a public facing forum. Follow the blue line for stock figures.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 15.18.51.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 15.18.51.jpg
    526.7 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Just had mine done to smooth out the flat spot at 6-8k. Full akra, stock air filter and half a tank of shells finest. Afr rich to 4k leans out to 8 then richens to 11 falling off to 13. None of it too lean to hurt anything so akra saying it doesnt need fuelling tweeks was spot on. 2 runs on dyno plus about half hour of prodding on the computer. 180 bhp to 197 bhp i take it thats at the wheels. not sure if its any faster as the roads were slimey as feck and on supercorsas. Noticeably smoother power delivery, quickshifter a lot smoother not so clunky. Torque curve very smooth on new run. Power curve very smooth also. Not making massive amounts more power compared to akras chart but it does feel a lot more smooth and steady from very low down where it was a bit lumpy before surging at low speeds. Cheaper than a powercommander but noticeably different. Ive had pc before on a few bikes and always though they were a bit meh so thought id give this a go as it controls all 8 injectors and ignition timing . Was told you can get it redone free if ecu firmware gets updated by bmw. I told him i didnt want it to make daft power and blow up just to get it running sweet. Job done

Akrapovič

From experience over the years using Akrapovič race systems the Dyno Charts published on their website are normally a pretty accurate guide. Just note that they are power runs produced with the exhaust system fitted and no engine management changes made.

Just had mine done to smooth out the flat spot at 6-8k. Full akra, stock air filter and half a tank of shells finest. Afr rich to 4k leans out to 8 then richens to 11 falling off to 13.

Are you talking about RPM 4k,8k,11k,13k? What was the AFR stock? You're saying richer and leaner but not what the values max and min were and are, which would be very helpful :)

Everyone that has had a reflash done at Hilltop has given positive feedback though. Those that haven't remain sceptical.

Thats is incorrect, on this forum at least. A couple of years ago a member posted a very detailed review of a visit to hilltop that wasn't positive, with before and after independent dyno runs. You won't find that, or any other negative feedback about hilltop here because of the threat of legal action that followed from hilltop.

So any hilltop thread will be severely bias. We are mulling over banning all hilltop threads from the forum.

Yes to k being 1000 rpm. With a mean afr of about 12.5:1 cant post the chart as it would be easier. 13.7:1 @3000rpm to a low of 12:1 @4000rpm climbing back up to 13.5 @8500 then dropping off to 12 @ 13000 that was before anything just exhaust only saw new afr on screen but instead of it being all over the place ups and downs following a trend with rpm increase it was almost a straight line about 13:1

Im not convinced its making much more power but it has put my mind at ease on fuelling with a full pipe

Thats is incorrect, on this forum at least. A couple of years ago a member posted a very detailed review of a visit to hilltop that wasn't positive, with before and after independent dyno runs. You won't find that, or any other negative feedback about hilltop here because of the threat of legal action that followed from hilltop.

So any hilltop thread will be severely bias. We are mulling over banning all hilltop threads from the forum.

Hmm. That's not good. Can you share any more details around that - I guess probably not. I'm still going ahead with it though.

Guys, each to their own. There is little doubt that good remapping of the ecu to improve fueling on a bike that has been changed significantly from stock will make the engine run better. I am skeptical about some of the power gains I've seen quoted (generally, not just on this thread) but if the bike feels better/faster to you that's what really matters.

I just wanted to make you aware that the story is one sided so form your own opinions from your own experience. If you get a flash at hilltop and you're happy with it then great.

Could be worse , have you seen some of the figures comming out on the yank fb pages. Surprised we arnt seeing the bikes on the moto gp grid

Yup this is it - the paperwork leads to the discussions. I feel that overselling something just makes it look bad, when actually the job is very good. A bit self defeating really.

It's how the bike goes afterwards that's important, not what a WOT dyno run says.

Last edited:
Anyone else going to book for 7th May? I'm booked in for 10.30am. Would be nice to see some others there if you're planning on a Hilltop remap.

Had mine done at jordans 198 with full akrapovic 2010. You got a pipe on or just pcv. Steve also said he could not reflash ecu like you can on suzukis (he did both my gsxrs _ 165 from the k6 and 176 from the k8)

I think he is a good man
very helpful
the year before he setup suspension on my 14 s1000rr and what a massive change
wasnt ecu flash was pcv

Last edited:
Looking forwards to seeing your results. Mine is on a dyno today too. Results tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back