S1000RR Gen 4 Delivery Thread

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don?t think me posting his details exactly lowered his workload haha. The letter you?ll get will be exactly the same as I posted on here earlier, except with your name on it.

Haha! You?re probably right on both counts!

Last edited:
What do we think about the dealers who have to be dragged kicking and screaming to admit to official BMW policy, re the letter, the ?500 goodwill payment?
I’ve made up my mind, I’ve already given up on getting my bike before September, possibly even this year and I’m fine with that now that I’ve bought an HP4. I no longer care when (if) my bike comes but my HP4 will never be serviced at the dealer who took my deposit. Some dealers only seem to care about their GS sales, the RR is not a real part of their BMW stable.

Invested some money in the ultimate theft deterrent for my Gen 4 today.
0FD7B8A6-F849-4970-A970-51631B04ADFD.jpg

Ive got the guaranteed initial price, and the trade in value secured. I?m going to talk to the dealer tomorrow about the absence of a letter and the ?500

Finally got the official BMW letter today... what a crock of sh*t. No reply address. No contact email or phone number. So basically ?this is it, like it or lump it?.

So it says that the delays are down to supply chain issues. Tell me something I didn?t know. The engine recall issue isn?t mentioned.

It goes on to say that the Berlin Plant will be closed in June & July ?while the plant builds the backlog of May?s production?.

What?

It?s either closed, or it?s manufacturing, regardless of which month?s volume it?s producing.

Even bikes that were due in August/September ?may not now be met?. It goes on to say that as they have no guarantees that ?high volume production? will recommence in August, there is a risk that current orders will not be delivered this year.

They?re effectively blaming one supplier for failing to meet quality standards.

So a bike that I ordered last year, may not conceivably be delivered this year, but hey, they?ll give me a whole ?500 off accessories. Not the bike. ?Store credit?. Not even cash back.

You?re a disgrace BMW Motorrad. Absolutely shocking.

My dealer finally emailed me today and said apparently my bike has been delayed by 5 weeks, supposed to be July 15th so now 19th August.
I've bought a V4S which I might get next weekend but half tempted to see how the BMW plays out, if it does come is it worth me trying to sell on for a profit?!

My dealer finally emailed me today and said apparently my bike has been delayed by 5 weeks, supposed to be July 15th so now 19th August.
I've bought a V4S which I might get next weekend but half tempted to see how the BMW plays out, if it does come is it worth me trying to sell on for a profit?!

Can I be cheeky and ask when you put your deposit down mate?

One must assume that,when a fault was found,all production ceased.Apparently,June/July production is always minimal to update for the next model year.So,any bikes not built pre-June will now be August and likewise any post-July bikes should now be delayed for a couple of weeks(unless I am living in too perfect a world).

One must assume that,when a fault was found,all production ceased.Apparently,June/July production is always minimal to update for the next model year.So,any bikes not built pre-June will now be August and likewise any post-July bikes should now be delayed for a couple of weeks(unless I am living in too perfect a world).

All production stopped May 15ish and resumed second week June for the May bikes. (Mine being one of them - original May 21 build that became a June 17 build)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All production stopped May 15ish and resumed second week June for the May bikes. (Mine being one of them - original May 21 build that became a June 17 build)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what's always been said-no mass production June/July but limited production for delayed May-build bikes.

The letter states that June/July is for catching up on May’s production, so if it was due to be minimal, it wouldn't be now. They’re using it to catch up. Standard practice in automotive.

My dealer emailed me today to say my bike is “being built, delivery August September” (nice clarity on a deposit placed in November).
I don’t actually care anymore. This information might have been useful in March.
It’s worthless information now, I have a ferry booked to Spain and I need a bike by 28th August, run in, I already bought a replacement.
I will never use this dealer again, it’s not just BMW uk to blame in this.

My dealer emailed me today to say my bike is “being built, delivery August September” (nice clarity on a deposit placed in November).
I don’t actually care anymore. This information might have been useful in March.
It’s worthless information now, I have a ferry booked to Spain and I need a bike by 28th August, run in, I already bought a replacement.
I will never use this dealer again, it’s not just BMW uk to blame in this.

Considering all the information we know, what could have your dealer done differently ?

BMW officially recognized the problem 2 weeks ago. Kinda late for Aug 28 unfortunately...

Considering all the information we know, what could have your dealer done differently ?

BMW officially recognized the problem 2 weeks ago. Kinda late for Aug 28 unfortunately...

Officially recognising the problem publicly and knowing about the problem are two different things to be fair.

US forums, vloggers etc were discussing probable delays in Jan/Feb. I raised them with my dealer at the time. They said not to worry.

I first got confirmed delay of my order in March from the dealer. After I chased them I might add. They said June. Then July. Then August. Now the letter says maybe not this year.

This is is a known issue for BMW Germany, BMW U.K. & BMW Motorrad. They have been discussing the problem with dealer groups since March. The dealers could?ve have been more honest. BMW are to blame for not putting their hands up earlier.

I suspect BMW have instructed the dealers to limit what they tell customers whilst happily taking more orders. Not exactly great customer service.

My dealer emailed me today to say my bike is ?being built, delivery August September? (nice clarity on a deposit placed in November).
I don?t actually care anymore. This information might have been useful in March.
It?s worthless information now, I have a ferry booked to Spain and I need a bike by 28th August, run in, I already bought a replacement.
I will never use this dealer again, it?s not just BMW uk to blame in this.

I know how you feel. The dealers & BMW have intentionally, in my opinion, based on what I have gleaned over the last few months, withheld information. The dealers have been playing against a stacked deck unfortunately. BMW carry the majority of the blame in my mind.

Latest posts

Back