S1000RR advice!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcon45

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have been a Honda / Ducati man for many years having owned several Fireblades / 1098s etc but am looking at buying a 2010 S1000RR.

The bike I'm looking at is a 2010 S1000RR in the motorsport colours with 4K on the clocks and 3 previous owners on the book. Extras are Akrapovic end can, screen and Motorad rearsets and levers.

The bike is mint but the guy is looking for ?8400.

What do you guys reckon? Would it be worth spending another couple of grand for a 2nd generation bike or would this be a good buy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, welcome to the forum. I have moved your post here as per forum rules.

Id try and go for the 2nd gen bike too.

Welcome mate, ?8400 is a lot for a 7 year old bike, its up to you of course but I agree with the others see if you can find a tidy 2012 gen2

Thanks for the replies chaps and apologies for posting in the wrong section!

I think I'm gonna hold out for a fresh Gen 2. It's either that or dig a bit deeper into the savings and buy a new SP1 Fireblade (don't hate me!).

Thanks for the replies chaps and apologies for posting in the wrong section!

I think I'm gonna hold out for a fresh Gen 2. It's either that or dig a bit deeper into the savings and buy a new SP1 Fireblade (don't hate me!).

You must love Hondas if you're prepared to spend over 19k on one.
Try a new s1000rr first!

+1

Welcome to the forum, I agree with all of the above stretching for a Gen 3 ideally.
I'd certainly suggest trying a Gen 3 RR before committing to a Fireblade SP.

Enjoy the forum and good luck with your bike search :).

Thanks again guys.

My only concern if I were to go for a Gen 3 (or a ?19,125 SP1 Fireblade for that matter) is that I intend on doing track days and if someone runs out of talent into a hairpin and t-bones me it's a lot of money lost compared an ?8K 2010 bike!

That's the case for a lot of us, if you're concerned get some trackday insurance. Why would you want a Fireblade?? I think if I went for a Japanese bike again (which is unlikely) I'd be tempted to go for the base GSXR1000 (?13k), chuck K Tech suspension and an exhaust / remap at it and laugh all the way to the bank. Mind you they look bloody tacky close up!!

That's the case for a lot of us, if you're concerned get some trackday insurance. Why would you want a Fireblade?? I think if I went for a Japanese bike again (which is unlikely) I'd be tempted to go for the base GSXR1000 (?13k), chuck K Tech suspension and an exhaust / remap at it and laugh all the way to the bank. Mind you they look bloody tacky close up!!

Yeah I have considered the new GSXR but having ridden both the new blade (albeit in standard, non-SP form) and the GSXR I much prefer the blade.

I have never ridden a newer S1000RR than a Gen 1 however.

Take a gen3 S1K out, the DDC suspension and autoblipper make for fun and rapid progress on the road which together with a riding position that's roomier and more relaxed than the gen 1 makes for low speed & all day comfort. Oh yeah, its fairly good on track too :) You won't be disappointed.

Take a gen3 S1K out, the DDC suspension and autoblipper make for fun and rapid progress on the road which together with a riding position that's roomier and more relaxed than the gen 1 makes for low speed & all day comfort. Oh yeah, its fairly good on track too :) You won't be disappointed.

Sounds good. I'm 6'2 and the Gen 1 did feel a little cramped so it'll be interesting to try a 3.
Must book a test ride!

I'm 6'2" had the gen1 when it came out, changed to the gen3 and totally different bike. In one word, awesome (Oh, and do a lot of trackdays)

I'm 6'2" as well and don't find the Gen 3 riding position overly cramped, I actually think it fits the taller gentleman very well and offers good wind protection from the not overly skinny fairings

welcome to the forum, hopefully you will give some more thought to your next purchase.
I've been a blade man for many a year. 2 years ago i bought 2 BMs for track, as my blade track bike lacked somewhat, compared the the s1000rr.
i have recently test riden the new blade and the new s100rr. both quality bikes. so it can be a bit of a dilemma.
if your thinking of a new sp, its a big price hike from the 2010 bm.
Get out and road test both. then choose.

Latest posts

Back