S1000 RR Mode Settings.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B4zzer

Reaction score
Hi.
I have read the manual for 2014 model reference mode settings.
It states Rain mode has anti wheelie and less delivery of power (good for a wet day).
Please can anybody confirm if Sport mode includes anti wheelie?
what are the main differences between Sport and Race mode?
Does Sport mode still incorporate traction control?
Kind thanks.

Tells you in the manual. But from what I can remember it's still got anti wheelie and traction control, there just less intrucive. Mine won't even allow front wheel off the ground in race, warning lights flashing when it does and power is reduced until the front touches. Slick is where I can do power wheelies.

Hi there RAIN mode 160BHP is exactly that allows smooth progression in the wet abs dtc very intrusive SPORT 193BHP with less intrusion in abs and dtc the rear wheel wont leave the ground under heavy braking and throttle response is more the smooth side of aggressive RACE 193BHP even less abs no rear wheel lift detection stoppies are possible dtc is further reduced allowing longer power slides throttle response is the harder side of aggressive and SLICK 193 BHP well put it this way it shows you why the S THOU is proberly the best bike in production .......the dtc/abs was designed for racing slicks so on road tyres this bike will dance underneath you.

Tells you in the manual. But from what I can remember it's still got anti wheelie and traction control, there just less intrucive. Mine won't even allow front wheel off the ground in race, warning lights flashing when it does and power is reduced until the front touches. Slick is where I can do power wheelies.
I have a 2012 motorsports s1krr standard that lifts front wheel in sport and race although the latter is higher and slick just wants to put me on my arse .......

agree with rich slick is the way forward!! the bike just feels so much better and behaves more like how a 1000cc bike should!

I use race mode all the time, bar being caught in rain. Used slick a few times but get the feeling if something were to go wrong when I was in slick all I'd think was race mode (with the electronics still on) might have stopped it...

Untitled.png

Thats 2012 onwards. The 10/11's had less power in rain, only 143hp and Anti wheelie pretty much instant in Rain and sport.

Untitled.png

Thats 2012 onwards. The 10/11's had less power in rain, only 143hp and Anti wheelie pretty much instant in Rain and sport.

Is that true, if so im glad i have the 2010/11 bike.
So the 2012 models don't have any anti wheelie in race or slick? And in rain/sport it lets you wheelie for 5 seconds before it cuts the throttle?

The 5 second wheelie then throttle cut is the stupidest idea anyone ever thought of! You can flip a bike in a fraction of a second, it doesn't take 5! And if you are holding a wheelie for longer than 5 seconds its not a mistake that you need the bike to step in and cut the power!

Is that true, if so im glad i have the 2010/11 bike.
So the 2012 models don't have any anti wheelie in race or slick? And in rain/sport it lets you wheelie for 5 seconds before it cuts the throttle?

The 5 second wheelie then throttle cut is the stupidest idea anyone ever thought of! You can flip a bike in a fraction of a second, it doesn't take 5! And if you are holding a wheelie for longer than 5 seconds its not a mistake that you need the bike to step in and cut the power!

Its true, but all models also have the degree of lift thing. So in rain and sport it will only let bike lift up to like 25 ish degrees off the floor

So in race, it will let you wheelie but won't let you flip bike, after a certain degree of lift it will cut engine.

I must be hitting the certain degree then in race mode. But it certainly doesn't feel like it. Doesn't feel like there's any lift at all before power cuts. Warning light goes crazy! Might be traction control...? Rear wheel spinning...?

2009-2011 the anti wheelie was more intrusive 2012 onwards less so I can certainly power wheelie my 2012 under hard acceleration in Race mode

I disagree with the info for Race mode. Surely 'anti-wheelie' is traction control and vice versa? The bike cuts the power when the rear is travelling faster than the front, same effect if the rear is spinning as the front lifting. I've the 2012 model and in Race mode the engine cuts power very intrusively within a second of the front lifting, almost slamming it back down again. Much less intrusive in Slick mode and a lot smoother.

Kind thanks for all of your replies. I thought when I posted the question there would be a barrage of read the manual or are you stupid. However it's shows that between 2011 - 2014 models there are many interpretations of how the electronics work. One reply states he can wheelie all day long and others say power cuts on the lift. The manual said 5 seconds before throttle cuts.
The reason I asked the question is.............
my previous bike was a ZZR1400 of which was very fast but handles like a bag of sh!t in bends on a Sunday morning when you are out with the lads on their gixxers blades etc. On the straight would be catch up but only to back down at the bends.
I purchased a new S1000RR a couple of month ago and yes a very different animal. My confidence is spiralling out of control which has lead me to the question of what and how the DTC etc works because I seem to have no fear in bends anymore which could lead me to a bad place one day. In my mind it's don't worry it's got traction control. It will be ok. Lol. (Before you say it I'm aware DTC is worth nothing If the car etc pulls out while you have your knee down).
Has anybody experienced these bikes sliding in Sport mode in normal conditions and not on diesel etc?
i look forward to the replays.
Kind thanks
Barry.

From my experience i have seen 2 different indicators from the DTC light. The first is the standard slower speed flashing which indicates the anti wheelie has been activated, this cuts in very abruptly when giving it the beans on straights or when exiting corners.
The 2nd is a much higher speed flash that indicates the traction control is cutting in, this is much much smoother.

My personal opinion is that most people have ridden the bike and felt the anti wheelie kick in and formed the opinion that the DTC is very crude and intrusive. This is simply not true.

Latest posts

Back