RoadLok - 'Fitted' Disc Lock

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Has anyone seen one of these in the flesh? Used one? I'd like to know if you can tell it's there because of the extra unsprung weight.

In simple terms it is a perma/caliper mounted disc lock which you carry the locking pin for, in your pocket or on your keyfob. All well intentioned. But I don't like the idea of extra unsprung weight on one side.

http://www.roadlokinternational.com/products/xra-307
wXVK7tYjR5GH874Gm1Gl_05R.png

Thoughts?

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong but judging from the pictures on the interweb could you undo the caliper mount bolts, rotate it and remove the unit to steal the bike?

Last edited:
Maybe I'm looking at it wrong but judging from the pictures on the interweb could you undo the caliper mount bolts, rotate it and remove the unit to steal the bike?

Seems like they've 'cured' a problem that didn't need curing

I wondered the same... I think the pin and the wheel rim stop that being an option. With it sitting inside the rim and over the disc it can't move but could require a clearance check before final installation.
There's a video on the site. I haven't watched it but that might explain it.

Last edited:
Just watched the video and think it's a good idea which saves having to carry a disc lock around. I don't know if it will be any better than the top end disc locks but it certainly seems more convenient. I'm off to France in the morning and the majority of my luggage weight is from my Almax chain, padlock and a disc lock for good measure. Anything that can make that lighter is a good thing. Regardless it's nice to see innovation in motorcycle security.

Just watched the video and think it's a good idea which saves having to carry a disc lock around. I don't know if it will be any better than the top end disc locks but it certainly seems more convenient. I'm off to France in the morning and the majority of my luggage weight is from my Almax chain, padlock and a disc lock for good measure. Anything that can make that lighter is a good thing. Regardless it's nice to see innovation in motorcycle security.

Best with your set up Rich, Disclocks are ok to deter a wee opportunist scrote but don't deter pro theives who will just lift the locked wheel off the ground. Least with a chain you can make them steal the lamppost too.

JimmyMac

Just remember you've put it on and don't try and ride away with it still locked. German guy outside our digs in iom forgot about his on his GS

From their website, hope it's true: The ROADLOK is the ONLY motorcycle lock in the world that cannot damage your bike or hurt you if forgotten in the locked position. Just imagine trying to ride off with your front brake lever pulled tightly...your bike will just stall.

Richly I'm not sure which spacers I used I just kept swapping them until the pin lined up, I torqued the bolts to I think 35 ft lb which was the torque setting of another bike I saw the Roadlok fitted to on YouTube. Sorry I seem a bit vague but I fitted it some weeks back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back