Road angel bike trac

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snow

Reaction score
Im sure this has probably been covered before, anybody had any experience with the bike trac unit. I like the way it can alert people if i come off as i regularly ride out in the sticks usually on my own.

The main thing thats putting me off is, can the police track me and do me for speeding? And use it as evidence if there unsure of my actual speed.
Cheers

Hi Snow, I have them fitted to both my bikes and they are superb. The accounts are password protected and the Police CANNOT get access to them and can't use them in evidence against you.

If Road Angel were to disclose your details they would be in breach of Data Protection laws and would certainly lose most of their customers. Most of Road Angel products are aimed at keeping points off your licence so they know their customer base.

Cannot recommend them enough.

JimmyMac

Thats good to hear jimmy, been looking into this myself

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The accounts are password protected and the Police CANNOT get access to them and can't use them in evidence against you.

If the police are aware that such evidence exists then they could obtain the evidence with a court order. If they are able to obtain the evidence, it would be admissible. However, unlike a GoPro mounted on your fairing or helmet, the police would be very unlikely to find out that you have a tracker (unless the tracker alerted them in the case of an off).

If Road Angel were to disclose your details they would be in breach of Data Protection laws

Remind me, what does section 35 of the Data Protection Act say?

My tracker cast me ?50 and is superb, i even tracked my bike across Spain when on its hols with Focused Events.

Pop in a Vodafone sim, stick a tenner on it and that's it. The Vodafone PAYG sim never runs out like other cell net company's. completely happy with it. Accurate to 3 meters. I put it on my drone when I flying and have found the drone every time. Just don't nick my bike when I'm droning lol.
http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/gps-satellite-vehicle-tracker-a62tx

Good point Andyf. - I have Biketrac and was feeling safe in the knowledge that you can disable the speed tracking in the portal...however it just occured to me I don't know if that box disables 'display' of the speed data or if it disables 'tracking and storage' of the data.
I have just submitted a tech support ticket to enquire.....

Last edited:
Decent price but i dont think i could be bothered charging it all the time

Don't have to Snow because it comes with bike charger to top up its own battery.. plug it in and forget.

Back