Removing fairing scratches/scuffs?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackbriar

Reaction score
Does anyone have any good tips for removing scratches/scuffs from fairing? Fairly superficial and caught on corners of RHS front fairing. I've researched Autoglym and Meguiars but they're for paintwork rather than ABS plastic. The only option is the Motul Scratch Remover. Some say watch face polish or car headlamp restorer also works?

I need advice on a good plastic scratch product plus what grade sandpaper to use to reduce the residual plastic scuffing...1500 wet/dry?

Also any way of removing a scuff from the end of a black ASV lever? Powder coated it seems...

If anyone can point me to a link, I'd be most grateful. I want to try myself before paying a lot on a fix or OEM replacement as the scratches are fairly superficial.

(I've got a 2015 black RR)

Thanks muchly!

Evening
ive been stocking up on valeting goodies from auto finesse. They?ve gave me a link to a detail on a motorbike that they did. They did advise that motorbike paint is a lot thinner than cars so car must be taken.

will forward the link

Last edited:
Tbh machine polishing I would leave to the experts... of light scratches maybe some
g5 compound and lots of elbow grease and polish afterwards to see how it comes up.

bummer about the lever... are both sides asv? If not Brembo master cylinder ;) lol

Tbh machine polishing I would leave to the experts... of light scratches maybe some
g5 compound and lots of elbow grease and polish afterwards to see how it comes up.

bummer about the lever... are both sides asv? If not Brembo master cylinder ;) lol

Yep both ASV...I;ve just found Lampa Xerapol Plastic Polish (suggested for fairing apparently) and 150 GSM wet/dry sandpaper for prep. Will give it a try at least...

Gotta replace the indicator too but that's fairly easy by looks of it... found an OEM pair.

Latest posts

Back