Reminder - who had their carbon full length Akra shortened, please ?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

he-be-gb

Reaction score
HI - I remember a thread in which somebody on here,I think, had had their full length carbon Akrapovic end can cut and shortened considerably. Have got one I need doing, just asking for name/ details of place that did it, thanks, Graham. Ps don't know if mine's different to most but it seems bloody monstrous.....it is the full system 65mm tube...Cheers.

My mate had his akro end can on his Tuono shortened which are almost identical to ours. I will speak to him and get you details. Think it was about £60 + p&p

I've shortened my Daytona one and it was pretty straight forward , just needed a thin cutting disc and some new stainless pop rivets. not quite sure if the Akro is the same size all the way down tho as the carbon nose cone wont fit if you move it further back (be prepared for the noise tho, I've got the shorty Akro on my S1k and it's ferking loud :) )

Cheers fellas, got it in hand now - local to me : Pipewerx near Souhport are going to do it, top lads there - said no sweat drop it in any time, will turn it around in next to no time at not a lot of cost ,will meet to collect if around out of hours - really good people. I just remember somebody on here having posted their "before" and "after" pics having had it done 'cos standard just looks daft,its that long, will not be going silly short,maybe 2/3 and will still take the bafle if needed and i have the damaged titanium one for track work - thanks again - GB.

Cheers Sockets - was it yourself, with the 65mm system ? If so you couldn't forward me pics again could you please and remind me of the measurements you did it to , cos not done it yet, but it looked great when done,cheers,GB.

Latest posts

Back