Recommendations for warm weather riding gear

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toffeeboy

Reaction score
What do you guys wear when the weathers this warm and if anyone says 'shorts, tee shirt and flip flops' expect and immediate red card ;-)

Went out on Monday in my leathers and soon remembered why I need to buy some summer bike clothing, any suggestions, want something with good protection and inbuilt armour if possible?

Thanks

I have a Held leather jacket or a IXS lightweight jacket I rather like that has armour in it along with a forcefield aero vest underneath. I then wear draggin jeans (with braces) with knee protectors and forcefield armour pants underneath.

I bought that lot a few years ago so things will have probably moved on since then.

I wear a Furygan textile vented jacket that's fully armoured, Draggin Slix jeans, TCX cube boots and astar gp plus gloves. Clearly not as protective as leathers and you need to ride accordingly but at least I'm comfortable which helps with concentration and makes riding in hot weather and walking around when parked up much more pleasant.

Last edited:
Interestingly I've got a pair of Draggin jeans and hate them, find them not much cooler than my leather pants due to the kevlar bits and bobs inside, generally uncomfortable both on and off the bikes. I was thinking more of the Air or Mesh style stuff

I bought my draggin jeans a few years back when they were the only option I could find. Now there are loads of different producers of kevlar jeans / trousers if you find the draggin ones a bit hot. TBH I don't disagree with you about them being hot to wear, but they are way cooler than leathers.

If you still want the protection of leather it is worth thinking about the perforated garments available, they really do make a difference. I have some "hot summer leathers" which consist of alpinestars GP tech jacket and track pants, both of which are heavily perforated and it really does make a big difference over my standard leathers. You can really feel the air over your chest, arms and ball sack! 😜. Combined with just Oxford cool and dry underneath to wick away sweat it's not perfect but much better than standard gear.

Interestingly I've got a pair of Draggin jeans and hate them, find them not much cooler than my leather pants due to the kevlar bits and bobs inside, generally uncomfortable both on and off the bikes. I was thinking more of the Air or Mesh style stuff

I've been wearing Draggin jeans for a couple of years and find them very good tbh, my Mrs doesn't find them quite as comfortable and now wears Revitt leather jeans which have large fabric stretch panels on the inner leg, so far she's found them cool enough and comfortable. I've not seen any air/mesh trousers.

I usually wear a Triumph part leather part textile vented jacket I got for ?50 from Triumph Outlet, kevlar jeans (?30 on ebay) and Cat boots (non-steel toe cap natch).

I've recently bought a Rukka Airman jacket and as you would expect from Rukka its top quality. It's great for just a normal sunny day or hotter and if it's chilly in the morning or evening just zip in the liner. Like all Rukka stuff it's not cheap, but my ?1000 Rukka Armas jacket is still performing as new 9 years later.

I just bought a Dainese mesh jacket with full armour, I added a back protector.

I wear the BMW kevlar jeans which have hip and knee protectors, I like them because they look more like a normal pair of jeans but they offer full protection.

Ive got the Dainese mesh jacket too... im liking these new Dainse casual ankle boots their selling now too.. circa 100 to 120 quid...

stuarts phone

Always wear a one piece vented in summer if I want to potter about I ride my pedal bike

Can recommend the RST Pro Series Ventilator 5 jacket ?160 .....vented for summer (aahhhh) but also comes with a waterproof liner and thermal insert for winter.....perfect all year round textile jacket although i haven't used in winter yet....got a feeling it might not be quite as warm as some other textiles??

Yea the dianese air frame jacket is really lightweight and has a zip out wind breaker.
Not waterproof 1 bit as ive found out
It weighs hardly anything aswell until you add the back protector lol still the best summer jacket ive owned though

Back