Rear Sprocket - non-OEM

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Anyone know of a non-OEM sized sprocket fitting these dimensions and available in the UK?
525 Pitch,
45T,
76mm Internal diameter,
100x5 PCD,
10.5mm hub bolts.
The requirement for a 76mm hub seems to be forcing me to a 520pitch that I've not got. If I have to move to a 520 pitch I'll lose a tonne of money on the sprockets and chain I've invested in. (All because of the wheel supplier) :(

I'm waiting on a reply from Renthal...

Just got off the phone with them.
They can machine a Renthal 397 Blank in the correct fitting, but it will take a week for one made of toffee and 3 weeks for a hard anodised one - but both are ali.

I think I'll end up needing the correct 80mm hub or taking the hit, dropping to 520 pitch and selling all the other brand new 525 bits.
I'll have to convert the spare wheels too... urgh... the correct hub would solve everything...

On FB someone has mentioned Talon, I'll take a look.

Talon Engineering have them on the shelf!!! Wooo! And they can be anodised pretty colours! :p

I'll give the wheel maker time to respond before ordering...

Nice one Alex.
I've missed this thread regarding your wheels, why was there a problem in the first place?

Nice one Alex.
I've missed this thread regarding your wheels, why was there a problem in the first place?

Ha...because I've not said...the v2.0 build is on-going, the wheels have been traumatic, 4 months from order to delivery but they are very special IMO. I was hoping to have her back this weekend but it seems there is a final twist with the sprocket carrier not meeting the OEM standard expected.

I am querying this with the wheel maker - but as it's coloured I would expect a huge delay to get an 80mm replacement. So I expect I'll be getting a Talon...once they've 100% confirmed the fit.

Alex aren't you supposed to be falling off your bike around Anglesey in a couple of weeks?

Mid April - was hoping to warm up with a trip to Snetterton or Brands first.
Or just, I dunno, normal roads!
:-$

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back