Rear Flush Mount Indicators

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, what do you want to know? I have them on my 2014 with Watsen's up front. I have a pair of colour coded (white) Watsen flush mount Universal Rears but favour the MotoDynamic ones though nowhere near as bright. Happy to help...

Yep, what do you want to know? I have them on my 2014 with Watsen's up front. I have a pair of colour coded (white) Watsen flush mount Universal Rears but favour the MotoDynamic ones though nowhere near as bright. Happy to help...

Thanks.

I was going to ask if they fit well, etc etc but you obviously rate them. :)

you our have answered my next question too which was going to be do they work with Watsen ones ok :)

Do they need the resistors with them and is there any issues with dash warning lights?

cheers
Simon

No issues. Just need to keep in mind that the L/H side and R/H side are separate circuits. You need one resistor per circuit (at least you do on a 2014 bike, MotoDynamics have this info on their web page). One resistor per side and my ballast us provided by the resistors on the front Watsens, none on the rear in-grills. Looks dead smart do it does. D3 minimal tail tidy finished it for me.

No issues. Just need to keep in mind that the L/H side and R/H side are separate circuits. You need one resistor per circuit (at least you do on a 2014 bike, MotoDynamics have this info on their web page). One resistor per side and my ballast us provided by the resistors on the front Watsens, none on the rear in-grills. Looks dead smart do it does. D3 minimal tail tidy finished it for me.

Ha ha you answered my next question - what tail tidy did you use :)

Cheers
Simon

I've got a set fitted to my 2014, it's a black bike so the flush indicators blend in really well being smoked. The good thing is the wiring for them connects to the original connectors, no cutting/splicing wires. With standard front indicators you don't need to fit the supplied resistors but fit LED front indicators and you'll need to fit the resistors, again they just plug in to the harness. As a bonus, there's a feed supplied for a number plate light, as it's a switched feed it can be used as a supply for a satnav

Any photos of these fitted ? Quite fancy the flushed fronts for my 2015.

Any photos of these fitted ? Quite fancy the flushed fronts for my 2015.

The flush indicators on this thread are the motodynamic items for the 2012-2014 model, they fit in vent holes in the tail unit so won't fit the 2015. Motodynamic don't (or didn't when I last looked) make flush mount indicators for the front. The Watsen design items mentioned only seem to available as a universal, not bike specific, fitment for BMW. There may be other flush mount indicators available but I'm personally not a fan of them so I've not looked for any

I've got a set fitted to my 2014, it's a black bike so the flush indicators blend in really well being smoked. The good thing is the wiring for them connects to the original connectors, no cutting/splicing wires. With standard front indicators you don't need to fit the supplied resistors but fit LED front indicators and you'll need to fit the resistors, again they just plug in to the harness. As a bonus, there's a feed supplied for a number plate light, as it's a switched feed it can be used as a supply for a satnav

Useful info, cheers.

Simon

Back