Rear Disk Weirdness

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steadynow

Reaction score
Just a FYI

If you let your rear disk get too thin... it confuses the electronics somehow. don't know why.

but that was the overview from BMW after i was stranded on the hard shoulder, as every time i rolled off the throttle the bike braked HARD. then capped my revs to 4k. in Race mode. TC light flashing

after some calls, i put in Slick and tried, & it was ok again albeit with TC light going mad. (didn't help in the pissing rain)

new Galfer disk & pads going on today. (OEMs rear was eye watering)

The ABS sensor ring isn't affected by the thickness of the disk... what that deuce?

I'm with Alex on that, the sensor pick up counts the magnetic pulses, clean the ring and pull the sensor and clean and inspect.

Pull the wheel out, unbolt the sensor of you can, of not clean it from the rear with soapy water and rag, then a drop of cleaner. Just hosing it down won't really achieve anything.

Wheel Speed Sensor

I had a similar issue with the front wheel speed sensor and all it needed was a good clean.

lets hope that sorts it... did it again today. slowed me to 40mph on the motorway. full throttle...

I've practised getting into slick mode without looking down now!

That's about as much fun as when mine would cut out at random.
Get it in a shop if you're not mechanically minded.

on the weirdness note. Brake cleaner on the wheel speed sensors seems to have solved the power cut issue..... must keep her cleaner i guess!..

bloody winter

Saga ended.

Wasn't wheel speed sensors after all.

had a nasty front end lock up... kept it upright but blooming hell. That woke me up.

was a front caliper issue. it bound on... :culpability:

caliper clean and new pads later... all good.

dick

Back