Ready to go

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ant

zoot-man
Reaction score
Spent the morning striping goodies from her and revert back to factory ready to exchange for the S1RR

Brilliant trackbike's imo. If I was getting a dedicated tool for the track I'd certainly consider one of these.

Credit to you ant, that bike looks pristine :). The sthou will be going to a good home.

Ahhhh miss my GSXR-750 ....did 40k miles on mine and it didn't miss a beat! ......but the RR is a whole other level....it's like riding something out of the future after the Suzuki! ....Enjoy!! ;-)

Thanks soof, its a labour of love. i took her solo through the Pyrenees for a week in August and to the TT twice and I've got to say i'll be sad to see it go. will be at the TT on the s1rr this year and can't wait.

I have all the routes on GPX for tom-tom if anyone would like them

I had my k8 from new and only traded her in in Sept for my s1000rr .
Very reliable and handled really well , had 46k miles on the clock and used her every day.
But onward and upward.
You'll really enjoy your new bike
What year and colour are you getting ?

hey powders

Picking up a black 2012 on the 22nd. looks like ill be driving back from BMW manchester in rain mode :grumpy: already have a list of things to but for it but ill start with a deep clean and polish

Hi Ant
Don't talk to me about rain
I live just outside dublin and it's been the wettest Dec on record and I commute !
Trust me my 11 hasn't got traction control and I find it a pussycat below 7rpm which is enough driving through winter.
I've tried rain and sport and thought it was terrible between 5 and 7rpm so it's race for me
Have tried slick for a while too but it's very jerky

i was planning to collect mine tomorrow powders but my road has been iced up the last 2 days and the bike (my part ex) won't make it to the end of the road. I'm going to see what it looks like tomorrow but with a but of luck ill be posting pics of the new one tomorrow!

I wouldn't risk it myself if I were you unless you know someone with a van
Better safe than sorry ( happened to me 20 years ago or so I was selling my rgv 250 and lost the front on ice - it still brings a tear to my eye when I think of it )

It does defrost through the day but being at work I don't know by when. I was planning to go next Friday but I have too much work on now and It could be another 2 weeks before I get another opportunity. If I can get out by mid day then I'll go otherwise it'll have to wait

picked her up!

will pit some proper picks up when I've had a chance to clean the 100 miles of water and salt off :)

My K8 750 is in my garage with 92k on the clock. p/ex was a no go so she's my track bike now :very_drunk:

Very nice Ant
Do like the black
I can just about make out the screen and the protectors
Is there a can on it and if not are you gonna or have you any other plans for it

Yeah it has an r55 le fitted. Sounds much louder than I was expecting but not too pound. Also has tail tidy and both rad grills fitted I think it has a belly pan too but need to check that out. Following on from a recent thread here it looks like the winglets might be on backwards too

firdt thing I'll fit will be my brembo RCS and I think I can tidy the tail up better but need to have a look at what to do. I'm thinking of a tail light with interlgrated indicators and a smaller plate. Past cosmetics I'm not sure! I'll have a look around the forum for ideas but I'll be spending some time getting used to it first before looking for performance mods. Luckily all the bits I'd do first have been done

Looks brilliant Ant, I am leaning more to the black bikes at the moment. It even has the fashionable "back to front" winglets fitted.

This has got to be the new trend.

Enjoy.

JimmyMac

Thanks JimmyMac

Black wasn't my first choice but when this one came up i thought it was a great deal so went with it. Now though I'm pleased i did, it looks really nice.

i'll chuck up some detailed pictures for you when I've given it a clean.

Last edited:
I hope so, I rib everyone else about it. There is a tiny L and R on the back of them just to help. Pointy end forward, like the jet fighter that it is. LOL

JimmyMac

Latest posts

Back