re: 2010 HP SHIFT ASSISTANT retrofit..is it possible?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
V

vteec

re: 2010 HP SHIFT ASSISTANT retrofit..is it possible?

Hello
i am about to buy a very low mileage 2010 s1000rr that has race abs + dtc option but not the shift assistant.

can the hp shift assistant be retrofitted please?
did anybody already do this?
will the dealer have to be involved to reprogram ecu?

thank you

Re: 2010 HP SHIFT ASSISTANT retrofit..is it possible?

I have no idea if it can be retrofitted however there are other options. HM do a great QS for the BMW. Many people remove the original QS to fit aftermarket ones.

Regards
Davy

thank you for the reply.
much appreciated.

It's a long time ago but,if my memory is correct,didn't the s1000rr sport(not just motorsport colour)come with dtc/abs and quickshifter as standard and the base s1000rr came without them.I would question why it hasn't got one and get a bit knocked off the price.

hello baz,
thank you for your reply.

i still did not check and ride the bike because my friend is abroad at the moment.
but i asked him and he said the only options the dealer had ordered for him were the race abs+dtc, so i presumed it has no shift assist.
also i entered the vin number in the bmw archive.de site and the shift assistant is not shown as an extra, only the race abs+dtc are shown.
so i think that it does not have it from this as well.

does anybody know if this was standard or not please?
or how can i identify if this was the sport version?

thank you.

I thought the early bikes had the shift assist as an option.

The sport definitely came with dtc/abs.The shift assist was definitely an option on the base bike.
I don't remember being asked if I wanted shift assist-but I am getting old!

Actually,I just looked at a 2012 brochure and the shifter is listed as a hp part so presumably in 2010 it was an option.
Either way,as has been said,it should just plug in however I think it will need enabling at the dealers.

Latest posts

Back