Rapid Bike evo v PCV

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richy170

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I have just ordered the Akrapovic titanium headers from Calsport and then contacted my mechanic to make an appointment to fit them. He has recommended buying a Rapid Bike evo kit rather than a Power Commander 5 to go with it. He states this will provide better fuel control lower in the rev range. Has anyone any experience of using Rapid Bike. What are the pros and cons versus the PCV?
Taken from their website:
Rapid Bike EVO add-on module puts in your hands total control of fueling operations as it is directly connected to all stock injectors (up to eight) while managing at the same time the corresponding air/fuel ratio. In this way the carburetion values can be modified throughout the entire engine power delivery curve.
The ability to manage stock lambda sensor signal allows performing the exclusive auto-adaptive feature to secure that fueling is constantly adjusted while riding the vehicle. The injection map becomes a dynamic value in order to match the changing weather conditions and driving style. This function is highly beneficial at low and medium rpm where the engine performance is poorly limited due to more and more restrictive anti-polluting regulations.
RAPID BIKE EVO performs the following functions:
* Operating quick-shifting (only if load sensor cell item F27SWGEAR-ER is installed )
* Multiple maps management using the specific handlebar switch to be purchased as a separate accessory (please check detailed application list for further information)
* Raising RPM limiter (up to 1000 additional rpm)
* Removing speed limiter (please check detailed application list for further information)

For twin cylinders engine equipped with double lambda sensors, it is possible to develop a specific injection map as well as an auto-injection remapping set specific for each cylinder

Maybe you'll need it maybe you wont. But yes it would fill that hole in the fueling at 4-6k

Interesting - according the site you're supposed to order the Rapid Bike Race, not the EVO. But if you work with John Warrington Motorcycles then they should know best. How many load cells are there and what are the RPM increments?
From what I read it sounds like a good bit of kit, I mentioned it on here before but didn't get any info back, which probably confirms it's rare. There are evangelists on the .com forum.
If you're working with a tuner who's vouching for it I would go for it, on the proviso that shit results = no quibble switch to a PCV+Secondary Fuel Module or Bazzaz - making you pay for THEIR choice should be on their heads.

FWIW, I got a quote for a Bazzaz to be installed and tuned for about ?480inc Vat. Just to give you a comparison.

Last edited:
I don't know anything about a Bazzaz. How does this compare with a PCV? I'm not after power improvements, I just want smoothness at the throttle across the whole range from low revs.

I thought all these fueling modules work off the 2nd set of injectors?

In fairness this particular one looks to do what the BAZZAZ and the PCV don't without adding an extra module, they adjust the fueling on the fly using the existing lambda sensors.

The PCV can do that with the autotune module but even then the PCV doesn't use all 8 injectors (i think the Bazzaz does however but still doesn't adjust on the fly).

What is the price of this unit though?

Bazzaz controls all 8 injectors but the PCV has finer rpm control. The Bazzaz extrapolates more.
Without the secondary injector controller the PCV can only really modulate a portion of the rev range.

- Sent from Mobile Device

I asked Track Electronics about that, they wouldn't flash BMW cause they've had some ECU's brick themselves...when ZX10R's have been fine. I don't know about Hilltop but there has to be some negative experiences... Fuel/ignition units are removable. ECU's are more difficult.

- Sent from Mobile Device

Why I think I will go down the road of getting the Rapid Bike evo is that it is transferable between bikes. When I eventually change this bike all I need to do is spend a nominal amount on a new wiring harness for that particular bike.

As I said the most important thing in tuning is finding the tuner. Once you have someone you trust, use what they recommend, because they will get *their* best results with what they are comfortable with.
Giving a AEM to a MoTeC tuner will get a result but it's not going to be the best result.

The idea is with the feedback loop from the lambda sensors is that the module "learns" and adjusts the fuelling if you take the bike anywhere eg kayalami and /or change the exhaust/filter giving the optimum fuel air ratio

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back