Raise the tail

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huge

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Is it possible to raise the tail? My old bike had a cam on the rear spring that shifted the tail up a few cm. Every little helps with long legs. I'm saving up for rear sets (and appreciate it affected handling on my old bike). H

I've No idea, it's something I'll never need.
I'd be interested in a lowering kit though :eagerness:

Geometry

Just remember that the 2015+ model is particularly sensitive to wheelbase and geometry changes and its never just a simple case of 'lowering or raising'.

Geometry

You can do it yourself quite easily but you need a suitable stand which allows all weight to be taken off the swingarm and rear suspension unit.

I don't need my comfort seat. It's ~20mm taller. It's probably better than messing with suspension.

It owes me ?140.

Geometry

I would caution against making geometry changes unless you really understand what you are doing. If you do then note the following if making any changes to ride height.

The main reason to change a bike's ride height is to alter the steering geometry of the bike to either help it to turn more quickly or become more stable. A decrease in ride height quickens the steering, but makes the bike less stable and reduces rear grip under power. More ride height slows the steering, but makes the bike more stable and can increase rear grip under power.

Geometry changes can be positive if you know the effect that you want to achieve and understand what the bike is preventing you from doing. However changing the ride height can result in the following symptoms.

Too little ride height will give you:
High speed instability.
Poor rear grip.
Instability under heavy braking.

Too much ride height will give you:
Understeer on corner exit.
Difficulty in changing direction.
Poor front end grip on exit.

Latest posts

Back