Race fairings

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All in with a screen and mudguard, the CRC fairings will be around £600... I can post some pics up of how bad the fit was if you like....

As said before, all other models that CRC supply for are mega. S1000rr fairngs are rubbish.

Don't always believe what you read, if the CRc web site said Rossi used them, would you believe that too....buildbase BMW used them a couple of times, they now use Alpha. Park Lane BMW used CRC for a while, again, they have now gone back to using Alpha.

So looks like there is a debate on what is good and what isn't, the DR161 fairing looks okay, and sounds like they fit without any need for extra brackets etc. But cant find the seat fairing etc. One question, how long does it take to fit, change, and refit the fairings from a track day fit back to road fit? and how easy is it? ( thats 2 questions) I am an adequate DIY enthusiast with all the gear and some idea.

Go on the website mate and the seat is on there, I've had the pro fibre ones and they are gash! They are too thin and the crack through flexing, the German ones are the best value IMO, they are quite thick and well made, they also fit well

Go on the website mate and the seat is on there, I've had the pro fibre ones and they are gash! They are too thin and the crack through flexing, the German ones are the best value IMO, they are quite thick and well made, they also fit well

Is that Profibre or Pro-fiber, 2 completely different companies, one a good rep, the other not?

which is the crap one then? PS i refer to my previous post, how long does it take to switch from race to road legal again?

Iv been through a few track fairngs this year. The best by far are the Alpha Racing ones. They are expensive but the quality is second to none. Race Products do a good S1000 fairing too.

Don't buy CRC fairings, I had nothing but trouble with them. The worst fitting fairings Iv ever had. We're £600 too.

Bought an alpha tail (shorty) with undertray off ebay, fit was crap, had to re-work it.

which is the crap one then? PS i refer to my previous post, how long does it take to switch from race to road legal again?

Profibre have a good rep. Takes me form an hour upwards, depending how much cleaning/messing I do whilst the plastics are off.

an hour sounds absolutely fine, i like the look of the profibre ones 340 not including the tank cover seems reasonable. Think i might give em a bash unless anyone has an better ideas/offers going...

Looks like a good price for a full kit, let me know how you get on with them! lol :D

Right, Have these jeeeeerman ones fitted now, surface finish was good for the price. Both side panels needed slight re-work around the frame (10-15mins) nose cone (1 piece) was ok, a case of offering up before drilling securing holes. Depending on how piccy you are whether you straighten out any imperfections (on all of it) its not bad by any means.... Worse bit was belly pan which stuck out and interferred with rear brake lever, not too much of a prob if yr that way inclined, just a case of slicing, re-positioning and re-fibreglassing (something like fibrefill, just add hardener) Had to make up 2 brkts for the top/back-end of both side panels. All in all very good for not a lot of money. I bought u clips that take the origonal screws so i didnt have to change over origonal retainers. Once fitted it took me 90 mins to change back to road legal(slow pace.)

an hour sounds absolutely fine, i like the look of the profibre ones 340 not including the tank cover seems reasonable. Think i might give em a bash unless anyone has an better ideas/offers going...

These:
DSC_0001_zps7e80e104.jpg

I'm going to give ProFibre a try too. I'll post some feedback when I get around to fitting them.

sorry that was for godzilla, how much you looking for? they look out of my range but you never know....

Latest posts

Back