Power cuts in race mode

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ducatist3v3

Reaction score
Hi all
Just back from Cartagena and first test since converting my bike to track only.
I experienced the bike chopping the power down the straights at high rpm in race mode. Anyone have any thoughts on this??
Bike was great apart from this

hi mate, I have heard of a similar problem on another bike , not sure if it was on this site or somewhere else , turned out to be a pinched wire near the front of the bike at airbox, sorry I can't me more specific it was a while ago , Google may help?

Last edited:
Hi, go to a previous thread if you've got spare time, problems with an 11 plate RR, I have not tested mine yet but after studying the wiring behind the airbox and in front of the tank on the left hand side as you sit on the bike, just where the wires come out of the main loom, 2 were bare, I could not find any more so taped them up and repositioned them under the injector. I'd start by checking that out, good luck, R B.

Thanks for the replies guys. I was thinking more along the lines of it being ecu intervention as the front wheel was going light during hard acceleration and max torque was being reached...really not sure tho

Mine had similar problem with lom fixed by coopers so i never saw it
But It only affected clocks fortunately. Seems to be a good place to check. As you can't get a wiring diagram!
Hi, go to a previous thread if you've got spare time, problems with an 11 plate RR, I have not tested mine yet but after studying the wiring behind the airbox and in front of the tank on the left hand side as you sit on the bike, just where the wires come out of the main loom, 2 were bare, I could not find any more so taped them up and repositioned them under the injector. I'd start by checking that out, good luck, R B.

Yes, tried slick mode and all seems fine, just didn't expect to experience any hesitation on the straights with the bike upright...wasn't like I was pulling huge wheelies down the straights..though the front wheel was light...

Latest posts

Back