Power Commander HELP.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian

Reaction score
Hi All.

Over the Winter I fitted a Power commander and Loaded the Map for my Exhust etc.
I know the Map is just a Base Setting really and hope to get a Custom Map on a Dyno soon.
However took the Bike for its 1st MOT Today and it Rides ok apart from the Fact if you Roll Off the Throttle, Clutch Out, the Revs drop to 2.5-3k and will not drop any Lower unless you Pull the Clutch in and then it drops to 1500 rpm.
Every Connector was Double Checked before I put the Bodywork back on but I cannot see why this would happen.

Has anyone else had these Symptons or know what the problem could be ?

Thanks in Advance.
Brian

No not had any probs fitted one the other week but only used it once.
Have you tried loading in a new map just to see what it does.

Take it you mean when coasting in neutral, otherwise the gearbox will keep engine revs up? Mines always done similar although i never looked at revs. Presumed it was electronics upped revs a little when letting the cluch out. Happens just before the bite.

Have you disconnected the lambda sensors? sounds like it could be over fuelling, i know when i had a power commander fitted it used to surge around idle.

Take it you mean when coasting in neutral, otherwise the gearbox will keep engine revs up? Mines always done similar although i never looked at revs. Presumed it was electronics upped revs a little when letting the cluch out. Happens just before the bite.

I know what you mean about the Gearbox keeping the Revs up but if you Imagine Riding along in any Gear about 4000 Revs and just shut the Throttle off, The Revs will Decrease and Eventually when the Speed Drops the Bike will Stall...... Mine don't, as soon as the Revs drop to about 2750 it keeps running at the same Speed and I reckon if there was a long enough Road it would still be pulling the Bike along at 2750 Revs without ever stalling.

Have you disconnected the lambda sensors? sounds like it could be over fuelling, i know when i had a power commander fitted it used to surge around idle.

Yep they're Disconnected Mate.

Right here goes...........................
Took Power Commander Off and put the Standard Exhaust on.
Everything on the Bike is now back to exactly how it left the Factory and the Revs thing is still the same.
Today it went to BMW for its Annual Service so I thought if anything was wrong they would find it, WRONG....
They Hooked it up to their Diagnostics Machine and NO Faults were showing and they couldn't Understand what was causing it.
Even in Neutral, Blip the Throttle, just enough to take up the Slack of the cables, It Revs to 2,500-3,000rpm and takes about 3 seconds to drop back down to Tickover.

Any Ideas People ????????????

Perhaps an issue with the fly by wire throttle. I would say that's a warranty issue and if you can prove it to the dealer demand they fix it. I perhaps wouldn't mention the power commander and have it pre-removed.

Perhaps an issue with the fly by wire throttle. I would say that's a warranty issue and if you can prove it to the dealer demand they fix it. I perhaps wouldn't mention the power commander and have it pre-removed.

How do I check it out ?
I have seen on other forums about the Fly By Wire Throttle and People mentioning that Faults not showing up on Diagnostics.

Latest posts

Back