Post crash advice wanted

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p-trax

Reaction score
So I had a bit of an off on Sunday, "luckily" I ploughed a very soggy central reservation, so walked away - albeit it pretty battered.

cracked every panel on the bike except the LHS mid panel!
and both the plastic mounts on the rad.
also broke headlight mounts and cracked my nice new ARCS

So pretty gutted, but alive at least.

im looking to repair bike without claiming, excess is very high, and losing no claims would make insurance prohibitive going forward.

so whining over and done with, I'm looking or advice/help;

As a mac user I cannot access the service manuals that are available for download.
can someone get me a screen grab of relevant radiator mounting pages please?

the plastic mounting bracket is riveted to the rad, my hope is that this part can be replaced.
if a stock part is not available (from service manual diags) then alu fabrication might be possible.

rad itself does not seem damaged.

after standing for 24 hours, and cleaning a ton of turf off the bike, she starts, runs etc.
With no smoking from exhaust.

here are a few pics for your amusement ;)

BAE7943C-2CED-4419-B0B6-257E316CB553-647-0000003A3F7D418A.jpg

34ACB5EC-FFC1-4A5E-BF80-8065CAFD7E2D-375-000000186B552110.jpg

as bike was stripped down I fitted my race fairings (to cheer me up as much as anything else) she looks a bit healthier here.

932F0049-5F7E-4FD9-A6DE-DBD718DE4AC6-375-0000003D4CF07E6D.jpg

You'd never know from the second picture!! Shame the mudguard didn't get damaged ;-)

I'm a Mac user too - whats the problem with the manual downloads? Considering the vulnerability of that part of the bike I'd be surprised if the rad bracket wasn't available. My local dealer are happy to provide some workshop manual pages for fitting stuff etc. Have you asked yours?

When I first tried to download the service manuals (from USA site), I couldn't run on my mac (no dual boot), and was told they are windows only.
havent asked local dealer re rad issue (their answer is always "bring it in and we'll take a look at it"), only for extortionate quotes for new panels (looks ill be waiting on stuff to come up on eBay)

Try a different dealer maybe? That attitude stinks!

Sorry to hear about your incident but glad your ok, good luck with the rebuild

When I first tried to download the service manuals (from USA site), I couldn't run on my mac (no dual boot), and was told they are windows only.

The manual and docs are all in PDF format, the OS should not be an issue? are you certain you have a PDF reader on your mac?

Shame about your bike and good luck getting it sorted.

The manual and docs are all in PDF format, the OS should not be an issue? are you certain you have a PDF reader on your mac?

Shame about your bike and good luck getting it sorted.

just double checked the site, and the download is an executable file, which is OS specific.

maybe im looking in the wrong place and there is a PDF download too?

ill search some more :)

p-trax,

I have the DVD (bought from eBay for a few quid) and also only have Mac hardware at home. I think there is some windows only software to navigate the DVD. Just instal Fusion on your Mac if you need to run windows software. PM if you need more details.

Allan

Should have added. Your bike looks good with the track fairing fitted.

Allan

CHeers Allan.

i think the confusion here might be between user and service manual.
user manual is PDF, service manual is not.

having just borrowed a laptop and downloaded the .exe file from the link on this forum, the .rar is corrupted *grrr*

one step forward two steps back!

Yeah plenty of corrupt PDF files out there. On the plus side the .exe does work (well mine does) jut try downloading it from another site.

p-trax,

I have the full service manual on DVD and I use Fusion on a Mac to access it. If you need a DVD copy or help with Fusion just let me know.

Allan

Allan,

Any chance of a DVD copy being sent my direction? Happy to PayPal you a few beer tokens for your trouble.

Latest posts

Back