pics of new scorpion gp-1

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You still have not got yours run in?

Took me a week then 2 weeks from new on track

Mate u do know it can come out of rain mode ;-)

I tried to upload the video last night but YouTube said wrong
Format.

So is yours the 12 model?

Yep its a 12.

Sadly, have to juggle family & job so running in not so quick.

Haven't ridden on a circuit since I retired from club racing in 05. One too many big accidents put paid to that. Luckily I was riding for a BSB team at the time so financially it cost me nothing :-X

You getting wet at Sillystone?

I'm not a fan of long one sided pipes on show, think it looks unbalanced which is why i went arcs stubby, which incidently gave me the performance at half the price of better known makes. If that means its a poor mans choice then i can live with that ;) If i wanted the pipes on show i'd of bought a harley (cough, spit, choke). I'm sure you like which is all that matters ;D Love to hear the sound tho :)

bananaman link=topic=1219.msg11244#msg11244 date=1344086757 said:
I'm not a fan of long one sided pipes on show, think it looks unbalanced which is why i went arcs stubby, which incidently gave me the performance at half the price of better known makes. If that means its a poor mans choice then i can live with that ;) If i wanted the pipes on show i'd of bought a harley (cough, spit, choke). I'm sure you like which is all that matters ;D Love to hear the sound tho :)
You say performance,but if it's a slip on can like my Akrapovic,you won't gain any horse power,not even enough to notice,you would need a full system for that. The slip ons will give different sound and looks but that's it.

He mentioned he'd fitted an Austin ARCS system dude. That's a de-cat half system that does at least +10 bhp in the mid-range.

I'm very tempted by one but not keen on butchering the standard pipes. Having come from a migraine inducing RC8R with Akrapovic Evo system on it I'm not hugely keen on a very noisy pipe again either.

I need to hear an ARCS system in the flesh to decide really.

MOz link=topic=1219.msg11249#msg11249 date=1344087792 said:
He mentioned he'd fitted an Austin ARCS system dude. That's a de-cat half system that does at least +10 bhp in the mid-range.

I'm very tempted by one but not keen on butchering the standard pipes. Having come from a migraine inducing RC8R with Akrapovic Evo system on it I'm not hugely keen on a very noisy pipe again either.

I need to hear an ARCS system in the flesh to decide really.
I stand corrected,I don't know much about other systems,thought he ment slip on,which wouldn't gain you jack. Thanks for correcting me ;D

I only bought my Akrapovic because it looked better,never understand why people buy racing systems for the road,you can't use all the power,but again it's there choice and not mine. :p

Sadly, most, if not all slip-ons on the S1R fail to make a noticeable difference in sound either due to the baffling abilities of the cat. Any slip-on on the S1R is purely for looks. Nohing more. Looks are not worth paying more than £250 for IMO.

:) Akra slip on does look nice but i couldnt bring myself to spend the money on just changing one for one? I liked the tucked away look of the gp stubby but only way to achieve this was to de-cat with arcs. Believe it or believe it not the power gain was irrelevent, i had more than i could handle anyway :eek: It comes with varying forms of baffle.... Think the quietest is 103db (i could be wrong regarding the later ones) the loudest is, erm, awseome!! especially with qs. Boys and their toys i guess ::)

Sadly, that vid doesn't really give you a decent impression of sound.

Be nice to hear it at standstill at tick over and being revved.

Latest posts

Back