Picked up my RR today

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanGPR

Reaction score
Hi guys, picked up a 2012 S1000RR today with just 3000 miles on the clock

Have had a few bikes and ridden most of the latest and greatest, had my heart set on the new Tuono 1100 Factory but in no way is it worth 5k more than the BMW!

Have come from a Multistrada 1200S so it's quite a different animal, looking forward to some decent weather so I can start learning the bike and no doubt emptying my wallet on upgrades :witless:

Welcome, 2012 with 3k on it? I hope you'll double that in short order ;) Sheesh it's not a museum piece!

The Beemers work well all year round, enjoy your new ride :)

Welcome Dan, your new RR must be minty mint, hope you get a chance to take it for a decent spin soon

Yes it's in very good condition and completely stock.

Have ordered an Evotech tail tidy and Airblade DB screen. Hoping to gain access to the classifieds here at some point to see if there are any used exhausts available. The stock exhaust does sound reasonable for the moment though!

Radiator and oil cooler guard should be top of your list either evotech wich i recomend or r&g also do one

Hi dan, you are now green and able to have a look around :). Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately we get spammers trying to register and post all the time, thanks for your patience.

Hi Dan, welcome to the site. Great feeling getting a new bike, especially an S1000RR. Where in the country do you come from?

JimmyMac

Cheers for the welcome boys

A nice surprise, I was giving the bike a quick tart up and it has

Full ventureshield paint protection
Oil cooler and rad guards

Bonza!

I'm from West Sussex, near Worthing.

vIPghq3.jpg
edzeD2o.jpg
mN4GISa.jpg

I'm a west Sussex lad too. Enjoy your bike. Was that Freestyle Yam in Chichester? How did you get on with them? Seem nice there..

Take it easy. :)

I'm a west Sussex lad too. Enjoy your bike. Was that Freestyle Yam in Chichester? How did you get on with them? Seem nice there..

Take it easy. :)

Yeah I got it from Freestyle!
A bit of a stroke of luck really, I had actually made an offer on a Fireblade SP in the new Honda garage on the same estate. They couldn't be arsed to get back to me and I happened to have a look in Yamaha after, have always wanted an S1k and the maths worked out. The BMW is a lot more bike for your money, but the Fireblade SP is still a very nice road bike, it wouldn't see which way the BM went on a track though!

I'm 25 and managed to get the insurance for 538 quid which I think is pretty blinding all things considered! :triumphant:

Paul in Freestyle was very helpful, a few other people I know have bought brand new Yamaha's from there and have all had similar experiences

congratulations mate bike looks minted, enjoy, great insurance price too

Good choice there mate.. directly parallel to your scenario, I too almost bought an SP, the guy in Vic Devines in Glasgow never got back to me when I asked if he could check out if the SP could take a pillion/rear pegs... (which it can't).. so I bought an HP couple of days later.

A few months went by, I was in Devines picking up some ear plugs he denied ever having spoken to me...says he couldnt recall... ffs..how many other people would have called and specifically asked that question...lol...strange wee guy him.

Win win for both of us...

Sent from Galaxy S7

Last edited:
He denied ever having spoken to me...says he couldn't recall...strange wee guy him.

Sent from Galaxy S7

Nothing wrong with the wee salesman their Stuart, I'm often like "Stuart who, nut Ah dinnae kin him" specially with the Polis. Automatic response, lol

Do you NEVER sleep?

JImmyMac

Away n bile yer heid ! I had just watched back to back episodes of planet Earth 2 and there was weird monkey thing on it that looked like you... I was shitting myself and couldnt sleep...😀

Sent from Galaxy S7

Latest posts

Back