paddock stand

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the BMW ones with the bike. Great they are but very expensive @?300

I just bought an abba stand, excellent bit of kit and can be picked up cheap on ebay.

Warrior box profile stands do the job nicely, think you can get front and back for a little more than your budget.

Check out this item on eBay:
A pair of paddock stands for ?56 ish. Great quality, really sturdy to use. Used them solidly for four days in Portimao with no issues. Defo recommend.

I use an Oxford heavy duty rear and Oxford big black front. Both from Hein Gericke. One from their closing down sale and one from their opening sale! Use for chain lube and cleaning. Any serious work then the Abba Stand is mega

Sorry I'm hijacking this thread but it isi the same theme.

Anyone recommend a front lifter for a 2015? I've got a headstock stand but this won't fit the bike because of the plastic cover and brake lines covering the headstock hole. I'm looking for one that'll allow front wheel removal and be used inconjunction with an ABBA stand to give enough lift on the front.

By the way I recommend the ABBA, its a stand for life. I've had it since early 2000 and its been used on many different bikes since.

http://www.harris-performance.com/acatalog/Online_Catalog_Harris_Paddock_Stands_8.html

Harris do good stands, and I'm sorry but in my opinion paying ?300 for a paddock stand or buying any of those "bmw" performance bits is pretty dumb. All they do is sell you the same stuff you could get direct and whack a ridiculous mark up on it.

+1... I use the basic ones, can't remem the name, orange......they lift it so do the job unless of course you want to take the swing arm out or similar lol

Hi guys can anyone recommend a paddock stand for the 2015 rr not looking to spend anything over ?50ish.

I'm using Oxford heavy duty stands front and rear (?50 each) rear with bobbins is fine but i'm struggling with stability on the front...i think i need to order the BMW service adaptors for a secure fit?? Only had the bike a week so just investigating with the dealer.

If they are similar to mine with 2prongs either side I find it better to move them back a bit just behind the ridge as opposed to end of the fork sitting in them.

Latest posts

Back