OT Harley Road Trip.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loupe

Reaction score
Nothing to do with sports bikes or BMW, but still a bike...
Did a 1000 mile tour on HD Breakouts, starting in Orlando going down to Cocoa beach and onto Key Largo where we swam with Dolphins.
On the way back up we rode through Clearwater and Tampa and got tickets for the Bull Riding at a nearby arena which was a great night, these guys are tough!
We stopped off at a gun club where there was everything imaginable and more, I've never shot a gun before so a strange experience! Fired a machine gun,pump action shotgun and a Desert Eagle pistol.
Forget the movies using one handed with any lol.
It was very warm but overcast, it rained on and off for 3 days but added to the experience. The waterproofs they gave us were next to useless but at least it was warm rain. Really enjoyed it but won't be trading the RR just yet.

Brilliant, always fancied this myself.Hopefully going to Daytona bike week in 2017 for my 50th and might hire one . Wouldn't have one here though.

Its something that you should do Beavis, we didn't have time for Daytona as it was crammed into 6 days. I'm glad I wore a helmet as the bugs are the size of grapes, yuk!

Looks great always fancied doing Route 66 but this looks more manageable. One to do for for sure. Good write up and pics.

Route 66 would be good but a few people I've spoken to have said although enjoyable, it was over hyped.
Can't comment on that but I think 2/3 weeks on a Harley would be too long for me personally,
I'll never complain about wind blast again,80mph on the Breakouts means you're really hanging on.
When it spat with rain or if you passed any road works with sand it felt like needles on your skin while wearing a t shirt, so I certainly wouldn't wear shorts and trainers.
We probably averaged 45-50 mph on back roads and 65 on any main road, at first I was uncomfortable with jeans and ankle boots but anything else would be too much (not if you came off though)
We were certainly better dressed than the sportsbike riders with their bare heads, t shirts up their backs and trainers on when they flew past.
My first U turn and first corner was almost comical trying to make the bike turn around sitting in an unfamiliar position with what felt like clutching a broom stick arms length apart, no lean angle on these machines as I think they scraped pegs at 22 degrees.
All great fun and I'd do it all again.
Some pics of Kennedy Space Centre, you really have to be standing there to appreciate the scale of these things.

I think I've found my one piece suit and helmet for next season....

Back