Ooh Arr from Brizol

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpedge

Reaction score
Hi all, not a proper member yet as I don't have the RR yet (normally sit on a 09 1200GS). I did however ride one for the first time today and can honestly say I'm blown away. I did the two bridges circuit today, over the new bridge on the M4 hang a right up to Monmouth and then back over the old bridge via the Wye valley. The demo bike was almost spankers and had just come out of it's first service so no limiter :) Compared to the GS this thing is like a rocket ship. Only down side I can see is that my skid lid got far too may bugs on it, no big screen in the way to catch them you see... Jokes aside I love it love it love it. The other half is just about on side so as soon as I get back from a tour of a hot and dusty place I will be putting my name on the list for a 2014 HP4.

Hi Sharpedge,

I'm a newbie here too, just up the M4 near J17 and I also have a GS (2010 Adv). I took out the red S1k from DL in Bristol about 3 weeks ago and knew straight away it was what I was looking for. Amazing power but so easy to ride and very usable. I nearly bought the S1k demonstrator as DL told me no HP4s until next year. When I got home after the demo I phoned a couple of dealers and Dorchester had a cancelled customer order non carbon HP4 in stock. I went to look at it the next day and they also let me take out an HP4 demonstrator (DL sold their demonstrator). So if you want a bike sooner than next year it may be worth a few phone calls as it seems there are probably some around.

Have fun in the heat & dust.

Back