Oil Consumpsion

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chorsley

Reaction score
I purchased my bike new in October 2012 I craked 500 miles in the first 2 weeks to get the 9K rev limiter removed in its first service; the bike has now covered 1760 miles and the oil sight glass was showing it was on the minimum mark it took 350 ml to bring the level sightglass back to the center.

This seems excessive oil consumpsion for 1200 miles to what do you think?

The bike is booked in to be looked at Wednsday next week 26/06/2012 the tail pipe exit is quite sooty so I think it might be burning it:sorrow: if so i will be asking BMW for a new engine and no stripping it down and repair.

After owning a blade I can tell you that it is acceptable to burn a ltr every 600 miles that is what the dealer will tell you is the limit set by the gov. Mine did a ltr every thousand but as far as I can tell my Bmw hasn't burnt a drop.

Nor mine, 2200 miles and the pipe exit is as clean as it was when it was new.

I spoke to BMW and they informed me that or the first 6000 miles it can be up to a litre per 1000 miles. After this much less.

Mine burns around 650 per 1000 miles at the moment, but runs sweet as a nut.

I wouldn't worry too much as you have your warranty, but check with your local dealer also

what oil would be better to use?
when you service the bike, is all the service information kept on the bikes computer?
if so, whats the best way to keep the self servicing information?

write it in your book , theres a page for writing stuff.
My computer has recently flashed up to take the bike for its annual service , pretty sure it wouldnt know if you took the rusty sump plug out though ;)

Latest posts

Back