OE chain

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
umm - just ordered a second replacement chain for mine DID ZVM X2 got a good deal on ebay ?77, supersprox rear and new front. current set has done 16,000 and is ok but will probably need doing later in the year assuming we are ever allowed out again! running standard gearing 118 links (mostly road odd track day) bikes now on 38000 miles

i used to change mine for gold link for the looks but found the last few DID chains must of had a poorer coating as it washed off whilst cleaning after a few cleans. which made it look tatty.

umm - just ordered a second replacement chain for mine DID ZVM X2 got a good deal on ebay ?77, supersprox rear and new front. current set has done 16,000 and is ok but will probably need doing later in the year assuming we are ever allowed out again! running standard gearing 118 links (mostly road odd track day) bikes now on 38000 miles

you have 38000 miles on your gen4 already??

Daz

OEM Chain

The OEM chain is fine for road use. That said it will turn orange at the very mention of the words ?Rain? or ?Water?. If well looked after it will last for ages.

Re: Chains

520 pitch chain and sprockets are really only best used on track/race bikes as they offer a marginal reduction in unsprung weight.

I?ve never thought about the physics of this. How would your calculate it? The chain is attached to sprung and unsprung elements of the bike...

I?ve never thought about the physics of this. How would your calculate it? The chain is attached to sprung and unsprung elements of the bike...

Not sure but you'd have to be pretty handy on a bike to notice the difference I reckon

I?m a tightwad. Mine won?t be dragging on the floor before I change, but I?ll get my money?s worth out of the OE.

Back